BFG A/T's psi question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balis0r

Reaction score
Hey guys, this might seem like a silly question but I was wondering what you would recommend I inflate my tyres to?

I've got BF Goodrich A/T KO lt265/70r16 117/114s one of them seems alittle low.. It says 65psi on the side wall but it seems alittle high to me? It's my first 4wd so I want to make sure I get it right.

Also, what psi do you use for other terrain e.g. sand, rock etc.

Thanks in advance :)

On the black stuff.
If you want your tyres to last pump them up to 45psi, downside is the ride is very bumpy.
If you want a comfortable ride try 30psi.
On average 35psi is pretty happy medium.
Give all a go and see what suits you best.

i run my bfg's at 38 on tar
28 if ime on gravell for a long time
and down to 16 on the beach

i got 80 k out of mine running 40 psi road , 30 psi gravel / back roads , 20 psi soft , and rotating every 10 k

I have found running higher then 36psi on the rear with utes that carry no weight can cause the centre of the tire wear, especially if you do allot of freeway driving. The centrifugal force at 110kph + causes the tyre to balloon ever so slightly hence the accelerated wear in the centre of the tyre.
I Do a hell of allot of freeway driving so i run 36in the front and 34 in the rear (WHEN UNLOADED)

Dirt roads i go down to 26.

Rocky tracks/hills 18-22

mud 16-20

Sand 16-20 depends on how firm the sand is

I'm with Nathan 36 in the front and 34 in the rear on the road. Seems to work pretty well with the BFG's. They are a stiff tyre and if you go higher pressures (unloaded) the ride gets rough

thanks for the replies everyone, it really cleared things up alot.
It's actually interesting to see how different everyone pumps their tyres up to.. personal preference I guess. THANKS again =]

Playing around at work on Friday 36F and 34R does NOT work well in snow. Slipping and sliding all over the place in about 30cms of natures sloppiest. Couldn't get up a relatively easy hill and then had a few issues getting back down as the truck wanted to slide down the camber of the road.

Hope they work better than this over the coming winter but I can see that I will be playing with pressures.

Latest posts

Back