Virgin thanks!!! NOT

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjohn

Reaction score
Supposed to fly from Gold Coast to Sydney at 7am. OK get there 630 will be enough time. Wait in line to check in, get to the counter at 645. I'm sorry you've missed the check in, I can't get you on that flight. We only have carry on bags. No, I'm sorry you needed to check in no later than 630. Surely we can make it. No, no we cannot.
You will have to pay for another ticket and forfeit the cost of the other. Original was $59 the next will be $169 if you book it online.
My reply was. My mistake but if I have to pay again I'm going with your opposition because I think that's unreasonable and I'm not paying you twice. Jet star were only $99.
Next time I will ask what time check in is n not flight time.

Due to my work I a fly between 6 - 10 times in a year. when im flying these are my time allowances

international - 2-3Hours
domestic 1-2hours

really tough to leave it to minimum of 30 minutes

really tough to leave it to minimum of 30 minutes

I agree, I thought all domestic airlines changed their check in times to atleast 60 mins before take off about 10 years ago. Imagine the flight was fully booked and the entire plane load turned up 30 mins before take off, the plane wouldn't be going anywhere on time baggage or no baggage.

This has been the case for ages, I could be wrong here but I thought they need numbers so they can estimate how much weight will be in what parts of the plane, ie: 2/3 people sit on the right side they may need to pump fuel out of the right wing into the left wing so its still balanced.

Is that why they sometimes circle the airport, because they miscalculated the fuel to fat arse ratio when someone arrived late?

It depends on what airport too -- big city (melb, syd, adl, bris etc) you definitely want at least an hour. Regional airports are far more flexible (15min at Port Lincoln one time, 5 another) but you're still chancing it. Large regional, an hour is comfortable, 45 min usually ok, a couple of minutes before boarding and they start getting pissy.

Certainly my bad.
Not a big airport and have done it b4 but I won't risk it again.
We have to have rules you know.
Oh the flight left late anyway. Someone may have been late hehe

I fly a fair number of times a year and I always aim to arrive at least an hour before departure for domestic, most times you can get away with less but eventually you'll end up missing your flight for one reason or another if you don't leave that much buffer.

You can check in online 24 hrs before and if you only have carry on you can print your on boarding pass off and go straight to the gate. I am flying to Melbourne tomorrow morning and plan on getting there at least an hr before as some time the plane is actually early.

Hate to side with the majority, but all their emails tickets etc say check in at least 45 mins before. You pay for the cheap ticket don't expect the flexibility.

If you pay full price they would have put you on the next flight for nought.

Fly ANY of the other carriers and you'll be back to Vigin in no time.

Tiger/jet star will cancel the flight and you'll wait two months for a refund.

Qantas aren't bad but often you pay more than virgin on the major routes, but they have a much better choice regionally, but the flights take longer because of the smaller planes.

You can check in online 24 hrs before and if you only have carry on you can print your on boarding pass off and go straight to the gate. I am flying to Melbourne tomorrow morning and plan on getting there at least an hr before as some time the plane is actually early.

I usually check in on my phone - pretty easy and fewer queues.

Yeh my lady organised it all n said she got a text last night to check in by phone but the billy lids distracted her n she forgot.
The plane took off late as it is, another 15mins and we still had 15 mins untill sheduled take off. At an airport that's not very busy.
The flight we got later was jet star delayed departure 40 mins so its OK if they're late.
Big business holds all the cards anywhere. You play by our rules or no play.
Feck you I'm not giving you my money twice in one day.
As I said, lesson learned the hard way.

Yeh my lady organised it all n said she got a text last night to check in by phone but the billy lids distracted her n she forgot.
The plane took off late as it is, another 15mins and we still had 15 mins untill sheduled take off. At an airport that's not very busy.
The flight we got later was jet star delayed departure 40 mins so its OK if they're late.
Big business holds all the cards anywhere. You play by our rules or no play.
Feck you I'm not giving you my money twice in one day.
As I said, lesson learned the hard way.

The 'Checkout' on abc had a bit about that shit - probably on iview, you should watch it :)

Latest posts

Back