Grinds my gears

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
Something I've seen alot of lately that really grinds my gears.

Got a mate, 25 single works retail lives at home, doesn't do much doesn't get out, countless times I've said hey going on a day trip jump in!
To hear back, 'I just put lunch in the oven or I want to do weights'

Or guys which 4x4 trucks who don't go driving!

Or when their Mrs steps in and says Your not going anywhere blah blah etc etc

Really grinds my gears!!!

Last edited:
Something I've seen alot of lately that really grinds my gears.

Got a mate, 25 single works retail lives at home, doesn't do much doesn't get out, countless times I've said hey going on a day trip jump in!
To hear back, 'I just put lunch in the oven or I want to do weights'

Or guys which 4x4 trucks who don't go driving!
A one nightier up in the mountains fishing, leaving lunch Saturday...
'Sorry dont know when ill finish work or got a few errands to run'

Really grinds my gears!!!

I hear what you are saying, i have a few mates that own 4x4's and just dont use them they are either worried about breaking something even though they have all the bar work bash plates winches all the shit but ahh no dont want to go there might scratch the ute or those track are to hard, ive got to mow the lawn or not on a sunday blah blah blah WTF!! why do you own a 4x4 if you NEVER intend on using the thing

nath
we need to give the sot events more praise and publicity on here
great family event and patrol club do a great job
lets see a massive nav turnout next year
cape prep is nearly complete
navs ready and camper is almost done
just gotta get myself tuned and aligned

tony
very keen for a 3/4 dayer in coffs sometime early next year

Know that feeling too well

I know this feeling well I'm only 23 and used to have an very close bunch of mates all from school however they've all been tied down and now I got nobody to have any fun with. Only got one mate still single. . . shame he sold his Patrol for a Cruiser. . . .

nath
we need to give the sot(son of trials) events more praise and publicity on here
great family event and patrol club do a great job
lets see a massive nav turnout next year
cape prep is nearly complete
navs ready and camper is almost done
just gotta get myself tuned and aligned

Yeah mate i agree, thats what i was trying to do and get people keen for that last few, maybe i should dig out the old thread or start a new one and keep to keep members aware of the event.
I think people dont fully realise how easy the courses are and that its just a great fun weekend not a serious off road torture test. i know my kids have enjoyed the last two that we have been at, as have all the other fellas and my wife after taking out 3rd overall should inspire some of the ladies to enter as well.

3-4 days @ Coffs sounds pretty good, loads of tracks up there.

An overnighter (or like we did last time, head up on Friday) shouldn't set us back too much, and gives you the chance to field-test the camper as well. Only bastard is it'll be friggin' cold up there - I don't know how many of you checked, but Sheba Dam is 1300m above sea level. Katoomba isn't that high up.

If you want to do it give me a yell. We're heading to Melbourne for the June long weekend though so you'd need to pick another one.

And Nathan - always welcome mate. Always.

Depends on their priorities.

People often buy 4wd's incase on a work site its muddy and they need that extra traction to get out.

The sort of work I do, I can sometimes get stuck in 2wd, turn the dial and I am out.

Depends on their priorities.

People often buy 4wd's incase on a work site its muddy and they need that extra traction to get out.

The sort of work I do, I can sometimes get stuck in 2wd, turn the dial and I am out.

Yeah they do mate, but those guys generally dont go and put on bullbars, winches, sliders and brush bars, muddies, big lift kits, diff drops ect and profess they love getting out on the tracks, then say ahhh sorry mate but not on those tracks or im worried about breaking something or any other lame excuse they can think of, but ask them to go to the pub and all of a sudden they have found time.
the guys i know that do that (my bloody cousin for one) end up driving to the shops and back and thats it, they are school teachers, sign installers that drive vans to work, my cousin who drives a commodore ute to the mines out near my place and parks in a tar carpark, my plumber mate who lives in randwick and might go shooting once a year if that.
Thats what gets me, not the odd bloke i know that genuinely needs 4x4 for work, all be it even if its just the odd chance or every now and then

reminds me of a bloke i work with
bought a new slylux
added approx 15 k in mods, lift ,bashplates,lr tank,winch ect ect
car looks great and is very capable
will he use it to its potential??
i gaurantee he wont
but he is happy

3-4 days @ Coffs sounds pretty good, loads of tracks up there.

An overnighter (or like we did last time, head up on Friday) shouldn't set us back too much, and gives you the chance to field-test the camper as well. Only bastard is it'll be friggin' cold up there - I don't know how many of you checked, but Sheba Dam is 1300m above sea level. Katoomba isn't that high up.

If you want to do it give me a yell. We're heading to Melbourne for the June long weekend though so you'd need to pick another one.

And Nathan - always welcome mate. Always.

ime out of action atm tony
back injury

Come to think of it.

I wear skate shoes and surf clothes, should I go out and buy a deck and a surfboard ?

no why would you....... most real skaters and true surfers dont get into wearing all the brand "surf or skate gear" as they dont want to look like try hards.
thats most of the reason why the big brands aren't doing to well any more and the share prices have dropped from over $26 to under $2 the young groms just arent into it anymore.

Anyway wearing a few hundred dollars in clothing, shoes aor what ever is a far cry from spending over 15k on specific off road gear for a 4x4 with no intention or real need of actually ever using it

Last edited:
Still remember talking to the young foreman about his new Colorado or something of the such and the 22's he just bought, and how fearful of scratches!!

Anyone who's worried about scratching their cars shouldn't even consider coming with us on a serious track. Up at Nundle we went through several areas where the blackberry bushes could grab both sides of a person walking along, let alone the vehicle.

Bush pin stripes - gotta love 'em. Brad's were really, really obvious too. Hope they polished out a little!

Latest posts

Back