Droning Front end

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

75coupe

Reaction score
First of all I had a vibration on the front end and thought it was the worn out mud tyres, turned out to be the front prop shaft uni joint (it only had 12 rollers out of all four bearings) so I replaced that and vibration gone.

But now I have what sounds like a wheel bearing noise but there is no play in either front wheels, so Im starting to think the vibration could be the final drive at the front.

Could the unit of been damaged due to the vibration from the front shaft?

What else could it be?

Could it just be road noise from the worn out mud tyres?

I am planning on getting new tyres soon of course but I wanted to be sure I dont need to do anything else as well... Anyway of checking other mechanicals for source of the noise, there is a slight vibration on the front but very minimal (or the power steering covers it well), front tyres were balanced 2 months ago when I was searching for the original vibration... I have new front rotors and pads sitting in the garage waiting to go in...

Im hoping its just tyres noise...

Try spraying your bonnet hinges and bonnet latch with degreaser, then hit them with some WD40. Stopped my noisy front end

Latest posts

Back