The usual policeman rant

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustPez

Reaction score
So got pulled into an RBT last night, never seen so many Police out in force at Mooloolaba on the Sunshine coast. Was a lil worried as i'd had maybe 3-4 over the course of a few hours but I was pretty good and figured I'd be fine. So did my RBT, he has a look (blew 0.011) he then checks my rego does a walk around my car comes back and says mate if you were on your p's you'd be in a world of hurt. . and if you had one more i'd be putting you in the paddywagon. I really didn't know how to respond, I just think he was mad he couldn't give me a ticket for something. Maybe he owned a GreatWall :rofl2: ? I've met plenty of friendly cops in my time but guys like this give em all a bad name. . .
Rant Over

No I had no problem with getting RBT'd I suppose you just had to be there, but he was just rude for no reason whatsoever. I blew under usually that would mean a friendly wave and enjoy the rest of ya night from experience anyway. But this guy sat me there while telling me scenarios in which I would be getting a ticket/arrested.

Maybe he thought your attitude wasn't right just like you thought his wasn't.

Possible but as a young driver we do tend to get some bias from the police. Not so much since I swapped to a Navara but my previous car was an import bought purely for aesthetics and I always copped attitude as though I was a drift king being a menace on the roads. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

On a more positive note I did have a run in with four of the funniest cops ive ever met. To put a long story short they pulled me over for what I assumed was just a random stop. Asked for my license which I hunted for but couldn't find in my car. They start explaining to me that if I can't produce it I'll be getting a standard fine etc. I ask my mate to call my phone as my wallet is with it. No answer. The cops then burst into laughter and produce my phone and wallet which I'd left on the roof of my car and driven off which they spotted and returned. Had a laugh with them despite my embarrassment.

Surely they wouldn't discriminate and make assumptions and stereo-types based on your age....

Im a young fella too I know where your coming from, but to be fair there are a lot of dickheads around our age then again age doesn't discriminate some people from being dickheads either.

I was being friendly last RBT and the cop told me to stop being a smart ass cause I called him officer.....

i have all the respect i can give to the cops....

but many a time i have been harassed by one because of my age and car
there are those out there that just enjoy making life miserable and difficult

a few years ago in my previous car.. (it was alittle hotted up, but fully within legal requirements) i got held up by an older senior sergeant for nearly 3 hrs, tow truck was called, backup, DoT, i got yellow stickered from him...

when the other car responded, i calmly spoke to him about it, HE apologised and removed the sticker

later on, i asked one of my cop friends about this cop.... he couldnt say much but clearly, he had been reported many times

Pretty sure cops can't pull you over for an RBT and then do things like vehicle inspections, licence checks, etc. If you blow under they're just supposed to let you go. When RBTs were brought in the civil rights mob said the cops would just use it as an excuse to do anything so they were limited to breath tests only.

The rude ones certainly leave a bad taste in your mouth. I'm an older bloke and actually find the young cops are main offenders when it comes to rudeness.

Best way is to be humble, say absolutely nothing unless asked even then be straight to the point.

Although there is some cops that can be a pain I wouldn't want to be out there without them.

Just tell him to pull his head in, cause you haven't broken the law. You car is classed as private property and while ever you in your own property you can say what you want to a police officer and they can't do a thing.
If they are polite and respectful to me I am the same to them, if they want to be a smart ass I read them the riot act.

They are just traffic cops. Not even very liked amongst other cops. In my job working on traffic lights I deal with cops every day and id say 95% of them are really good people and I have a lot of respect for what they do.
But there will always be the 5%. Once we had 2 traffic cops working at night for us, (they are there to control the intersection whilst it's turned off, and they are being paid by us) at one point on this particular night they had both walked away from the intersection to book people for vehicle defects. (One for HIDs and the other for a blow off valve in a wrx)

Just tell him to pull his head in, cause you haven't broken the law. You car is classed as private property and while ever you in your own property you can say what you want to a police officer and they can't do a thing.
If they are polite and respectful to me I am the same to them, if they want to be a smart ass I read them the riot act.

Not quite Right. as for "You can say what you want to a Police Officer and they can't do a thing..If it is Abuse, it is Obstruction and can end up in arrest and or a court appearance.

Regards

Greg

Possible but as a young driver we do tend to get some bias from the police. Not so much since I swapped to a Navara but my previous car was an import bought purely for aesthetics and I always copped attitude as though I was a drift king being a menace on the roads. Which couldn't be further from the truth.
Perception is reality.

Latest posts

Back