Suspected Exhaust manifold leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

75coupe

Reaction score
So I have a clicking noise coming from the engine (2.5 Diesel Turbo) under load, my thinking is that its an exhaust manifold leak since it quitens down once its warm, but I want to confirm it before I go pulling it all off. It cant be heard at idle, well not by my ears or a friend who is a farm mechanic.

Im new to diesel and 4wds but I have done this type of thing on turbo petrol cars, is there something else it could be?

Its on a 2005 D40, anyone found the manifold studs to be an issue with breaking, is it common to break them when removing the manifold?

Yes I could take it to a workshop, but Im simply not into paying others to fix what I could do myself, and Im unsure if they could diagnose it first time since you can only hear it under load.

It recently had a oil & filter change and also fuel filter change, noise was there before and after.

The truck has seen a bit of off road work so Im guessing its had some weight on the exhaust system and caused a leak.

Spend a spare day pulling it off, check it all then put it together again, if it dont work it didnt cost you anything but if it fixes the problem or you find the prob its a bonus.

Latest posts

Back