Custom made 3" exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harro

Reaction score
Gday
New to the forum. Was wondering if anyone has had a go at making there own 3" exhaust system? Was looking at doing it myself. I dont see how it can be so hard to make your own rather than spending $1200 plus. I rang a mob in geraldton wa today and they wanted $1600 fitted for a straight through system, no muffler no cat!! How the hell?? As far as making my own all i would need is a 3" dump pipe and a 3" muffler (to counter the droning noise on long drives) and so mild steel 3" exhaust piping. Bending the pipe should be pretty straight forward with the bender i have. Or am i not thinking this through?? Bit of feed back would be much appreciated. Thanks

G'day. I made my own 3inch. It's got dump pipe with high flow cat built in, flex pipe, mandrel bends.

Pretty simple stuff. I purchased the dump with high flow cat, the mandrel bends and flex pipe off a store on eBay. Can't remember what store sorry. I got the straight pipe and flanges from Repco but shoulda just got it from an exhaust shop to save a few $$.

Started by bolting the dump pipe on then worked out some angles and worked my way back. Just doing small bends and lengths at a time. I cut the mounts off the stock exhaust and used them all on the new one. Some just needed a little bit of adjusting then welded it on.

Mine dumps out between the spare tyre and the leaf spring pointing down to the ground. It's no lower than any part of the chassis so it's protected and the dump is about level with the middle of the spare, but I might shorten the system to end just before the diff just to get a bit more noise.

I don't have a muffler. I don't think it's needed. I hardly hear it especially because it dumps into the ground. That's why I want to shorten it so I can hear it a bit more.

I did my measurements and made the cut, stuck a few pieces together with some tape and made sure each section fitted before welding it.

Good luck. Awesome result for about $450 total.

Had my 3' turbo back system installed with no mufflers and Hi-Flow cat for less than $800...

If you're good enough with a pipe bender/welder and are willing to put the hours of work in to save $150 i'd usually go for it. Its pretty easy by theory.

Piece of mind that a professional is doing it and can rely on him to get all the bends to the right degree with perfect welds/joins and hanging is worth the extra and to save you 5hours work..

Well ive just been in contact with "best mufflers" and i have calculated the sums and with prices off of there website i can have a full 3" system (parts only. Not welded) for $281.35. That includes 1x flange plate, 2m of mild steel piping, 1x flex bellows, 1x muffler, 1x 60 bend, 1x 30 bend 1x 90 bend and 1x gasket. All i need is a 3" dump pipe and ill be all sweet. Talk about saving money!! Why pay $1200 when i can make my own for less than $400 pending dump pipe price. By the way any1 know where to find 1?

Got mine from eBay bro. eBay exhaust shop. Don't use the muffler. It's not required, and you will save extra money. My dump pipe with high flow cat was $299 I think.

Got mine from eBay bro. eBay exhaust shop. Don't use the muffler. It's not required, and you will save extra money. My dump pipe with high flow cat was $299 I think.

Please do show me where you got it for that price. That's a wicked price!

Please do show me where you got it for that price. That's a wicked price!

That's $299 (from what i remember) for dump with cat. Not the whole system. Il have a look through my PayPal account and see if I can find the payment.

Never been on a dyno so got no idea. Turbo spools earlier and feels like a little earlier pick up. Sound is great and the turbo whistle is good too. So Nav toughness level is raised.

I have a 3" stainless system on mine dpf deleted high flow cat and muffler sounds like a stocko one. I did take the muffler out and it was just droning and loud as f@$k so put it back in. overall performance is awesome it accelerates and spools up quicker I did get it don't at shop cost me about $1300 mins a tai built 140kw but with the exhaust and chip im pushing about 180hp atw with like 500nm torque I think the biggest increase was the exhaust.

Latest posts

Back