Bris to Canberra and back

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
We are heading off tomorrow for our first longish distance trip in my D40. We are heading from brisbane down through Warwick, Armidale, Tamworth, over to Dubbo to the zoo, then down to Canberra to catch up with friends, then probably back up the coast road to home. probably about 3-4000km round trip.

We will have 2 adults and 3 kids so it will be a test I am sure. We won't be doing any 4wding but it will be good to test it as a highway tourer and see how it is for comfort, fuel economy etc.

Will report back in a week or so.

Cheers
Matt

And if you start feeling uncomfy at any point just adjust the lumbar support backwards and forwards. After traveling the Nullabor I was impressed with how comfy the seats were but I did resort to adjusting the lumbar support and the sitting position a few times in those long hauls where I didn't get out of the seat for 3 hours or so.

And if you start feeling uncomfy at any point just adjust the lumbar support backwards and forwards. ...in those long hauls where I didn't get out of the seat for 3 hours or so.

Wish the d22 had those. Drove Adelaide to Syd over Xmas. Took around 14hrs. Drove Renmark to goulburn in one hit, but you'll be needing a stop every 2hrs with kids. Western plain zoo is really good. Hiring push bikes is the way to go, see heaps more and is much easier to get around.

Does anyone know if the floorpan of the d22 and d40 are same or similar, if so some d40 seats in a d22 might be a thing to do.

Not sure how different the pan itself is but I do believe some remodeling would be required as the mountings are different. Probably nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of time and a few tools but maybe something not easy enough for everyone to try. Although I'm only suggesting this by memory from when I looked at a d22 in the yard before buying mine.

We are at Windsor now, not much here except heaps of restaurants. Great food too! We did the Putty road today, I wish I had done that on my bike! The Navara is going awesome. We are heading to Canberra first thing in the morning, then start heading back up somewhere, not sure which way yet.

We are at Windsor now, not much here except heaps of restaurants. Great food too! We did the Putty road today, I wish I had done that on my bike! The Navara is going awesome. We are heading to Canberra first thing in the morning, then start heading back up somewhere, not sure which way yet.

Used to live down the road from Windsor, mates band used to play at the RSL there quite often. Good to see the food hasn't changed we used to go up to Windsor and choose different eateries quite often.

Any trip is to Canberra is always made better by heading back home, doesn't matter which way you go.

Damn sorry guys, I didn't finish the thread!

Unfortunately we had to high tail it straight home from canberra the day after we got there due to a health problem, so the Nav got a fair workout on the way home. We went back up the coast road.

The D40 was excellent, the canopy was worth its weight in gold, it was so good to be able to chuck stuff in and just shut the door, no tying or covering to protect stuff from the rain. We are doing pretty much the same trip june but going a bit further down to see the snow, so will hopefully have a bit better report to show then.

Latest posts

Back