Front Springs Re-Setting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavaraPhill

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone ever had their front springs re-set ?
After putting a steel bullbar and winch on,
the front has dropped about 4" from the weight.
A mate told me this may be a cheaper short term fix .
Do i also need to put new shocks on to help as well ?
I have a D40 stx with 13,000k on it.
Any advice would be good.

My experience is that re-set springs tend to re sag after time.
New front springs only cost around $150.

4" - that's 100mm - you'd have next to no suspension left! I have a steel bar (but no winch) on mine and the front (at near 10,000km) is as good as the day we bought it.

If (when) mine drops I'll be taking it straight back to the dealer.

08KingCab ,Thanks for the advice,
I'll investigate new springs cost (fitted) against re-setting cost.
Old Tony, Bullbar weight around 100kgs plus 40 kg winch as well as spotties,driving
lights aerials etc , put that on your bonnet and see how far it sinks to the ground !
I'll eventually get a lift kit all round because its a sand plow at the moment.
What brand springs ? are there any brands to keep clear of ?

I have all but the winch and aerial on mine (my avatar pic is my car). Still, there's a chance that the dealer wound up my torsion bars after installing the bull bar so that the vehicle was level.

As for what suspension to get - I'm going to go for Old Man Emu. Most people who have bought these have nothing but praise for them.

I have all but the winch and aerial on mine (my avatar pic is my car). Still, there's a chance that the dealer wound up my torsion bars after installing the bull bar so that the vehicle was level.

As for what suspension to get - I'm going to go for Old Man Emu. Most people who have bought these have nothing but praise for them.

Tony you don't have torsion bars, just coil overs.

I would reconsider the OME shocks, they are non adjustable and not rebuildable, Bilsteins or Radflos are far better shocks for not much more money.

Tony you don't have torsion bars, just coil overs.

I would reconsider the OME shocks, they are non adjustable and not rebuildable

Maybe I need to spend more time with my head under my truck not in it! Thanks for pointing that out ... so I'm wondering how my front end has stayed up with that weight on it?

I've seen several people with Bilsteins as well. I'm happy to be guided there, as long as whatever I get will take (now) about 300Kg and allow up to 800Kg when we get our fifth wheeler (400Kg of trailer in the tray, plus fuel & genny in the tub).

Maybe I need to spend more time with my head under my truck not in it! Thanks for pointing that out ... so I'm wondering how my front end has stayed up with that weight on it?

I've seen several people with Bilsteins as well. I'm happy to be guided there, as long as whatever I get will take (now) about 300Kg and allow up to 800Kg when we get our fifth wheeler (400Kg of trailer in the tray, plus fuel & genny in the tub).

Bilstein don't make springs, only shocks.
If you upgrade your rear springs to carry the weight, you will end up with a horrible ride unloaded, seeing as you don't offroad, I think air bags would be better suited in your application, that way you can keep the standard road height and just upgrade to some decent heavy duty shocks.

What brand springs ? are there any brands to keep clear of ?

Only springs I have heard bad things about are Ironman leaf's sagging, EFS,Pedders,OME etc should all do the job, It depends what your after/ what type of driving you do, I want 75mm higher same spring weight, but no one has them standard, I going to have them custom made. I'm currently running Kings extra heavy duty to get the lift, but they are too hard even with bar and winch.

Latest posts

Back