water intercooler for 3 litre turbo diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls. I was just wondering is it possible to get a water cooled intercooler for my navara?

just a matter of getting one the right size to fit.
for best performance most likly you would have to get one custom made.

theres a few cheapies on ebay, otherwise ARE make some fantastic ones but very $$$.

There are a few different companies that make a specific water to air intercoolers for the D22.

Denco, they have been around for a while now but are expensive, over $2000 I think they were.

4wd Systems here in Adelaide, Priced one a couple of weeks ago $1800. see pics below

4wd systems intercooler 1.jpg

4wd syatems intercooler 2.jpg

Other than that there are a few others that are non specific to the D22.

Paul Wheel Racing
pwr_water_to_air_kit_picture.jpg

And a few others that i cant seem to find at the moment.

Air to Air Intercoolers there are a few different people doing them that are Specific to the D22.
Check here on the site and you should find most of them

Cheers

A bloke i know had one installed on his nav years ago, i drove his car but it was that long ago i cant remember how it went. All i know is he bought the nav brand new spent big bucks on barwork, lifting, body lift, lights, gauges 2 sets of rims/tyres diesel gas and then sold it 5 months later because he wasnt happy as it couldnt flex like a patrol with a solid front end.

all the ones in the pics there are the same, just the usual barrel coolers. they are not all that good but they are CHEAP to make.

a few people have been using the "frozen boost" coolers on various vehicles, but i'm not sure what quality is like. last thing you want is one to leak !

ARE make very good coolers with a lot of research behind it. however very pricey.
also check out Laminova cooler. Laminova water to air intercooler - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum

The better option than eBay newies when trying to be cheap is buying a 2nd hand OEM one for a different vehicle, Subaru etc.. As for specifically sizing it to the vehicle, I wouldn't consider the slim advantage you'll get from an intercooler on a non-race engine could justify the extra expense of eliminating a <~25% discrepency between design capacity and ideal capacity for your application.

Latest posts

Back