Supercheap Ridge Ryder 9500lb Winch??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAFO

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am Hoping to pickup and install a bullbar next weekend for my D22, and as Supercheap Auto's have their Ridge Ryder 9500lb Winch on special for $358 ATM, was thinking of buying one and installing it as a stop-gap safety measure till I can afford one of more well known brands later down the track when I can afford it.

Have searched the forum and have noticed some members have brought, installed and given these Supercheap Auto's Ridge Ryder Winch's reasonable praise, but have also notice those post have been near over 12 months old now too.

So for those who had brought these Ridge Ryder Winch’s from supercheap, just wondering who still have these, and if you believe these are still worth buying?

Cheers in advance

mines a cheap jap job
most of the cheepies are internally identical
i got mine 2nd hand 2yrs ago
its been used a dozen times with no problems
1/3 of the price of a tjm ect
well worth it i reckon

yeah mate, id get one.

im running a tigerz winch atm, would be very similar i'd think.

i think its worth paying the extra for rope over steel cable though.

i dunno how long it lasts, obviously not going to last as long if you drag it over rocks and stuff and you need to wash it out if you get it all dirty. But its great to use, would be worth buying new rope if you wear it out.

i dunno how long it lasts, obviously not going to last as long if you drag it over rocks and stuff and you need to wash it out if you get it all dirty. But its great to use, would be worth buying new rope if you wear it out.

1 solution to that problem would to be keep it in a bag with your recovery gear and wind it on only when you need it , , after all we done cruise the streets with our snatch straps attached do we

1 solution to that problem would to be keep it in a bag with your recovery gear and wind it on only when you need it , , after all we done cruise the streets with our snatch straps attached do we

faaaark your kidding aren't you :jackoff:
you would have to remove winch to reattach cable to drum every time you want to use it,4 hrs work?:wristy:
you really dont know what you are talking about
do you?:rofl:

Last edited:
faaaark your kidding aren't you :jackoff:
you would have to remove winch to reattach cable to drum every time you want to use it,4 hrs work?:wristy:
you really dont know what you are talking about
do you?:rofl:

Why would have to remove the winch to put rope on it ?

unless of course your hands are the size of a Neanderthal and have the mental capacity of same

Ask Paul on here (aka RLI)about that, he was out having a quick play and got into strife, and the rope was at home on the bench.

Ask Paul on here (aka RLI)about that, he was out having a quick play and got into strife, and the rope was at home on the bench.

yeah thats ok(i know rli)
but would you seriously want to re attach rope to drum everytime you want to use winch
99% of the damage to rope occurs when you are actually winching,not when the rope is sitting on drum
sorry it has to be one of the silliest ideas i have ever heard
not trying to offend
just my opinion

Last edited:
it was a simple comment , you either use it as you need it , or dont whine about having to clean it / replace it , rope is very easy to wind onto the cable drum , but if none of the above suits , buy a winch with cable and just hose the sucker with wd-40, ORRR sit in the bush like a nancy and wait till someone else comes and snatches you out

it was a simple comment , you either use it as you need it , or dont whine about having to clean it / replace it , rope is very easy to wind onto the cable drum , but if none of the above suits , buy a winch with cable and just hose the sucker with wd-40, ORRR sit in the bush like a nancy and wait till someone else comes and snatches you out

lol
i have done sweet f/all to my $300 winch in the way of maintenance
and it has had a fair bit of use and has been there for 2 years now and it was 2nd hand when i got it
this thread is discussing cheap chinese winches
if we were talking about $2k winches that would be different

lol
i have done sweet f/all to my $300 winch in the way of maintenance
and it has had a fair bit of use and has been there for 2 years now and it was 2nd hand when i got it
this thread is discussing cheap chinese winches
if we were talking about $2k winches that would be different

I agree !!! and thats what iam putting on this time , having had way more expensive ones fail / seize up through the years
BUT i was more specifically talking about keeping it off the drum when not being used , "i.e." you're not on a weekend / day trip in the bush , to save it from road grime / heat / sun /, good quality dyneema can cost more then the cheap winch it came attached too

Can i just say the washing the rope thing keeps popping up and i think its BS, i have had my winch on two Navs now and its had a flogging getting Hilux's and

landcruisers out of the crap and i have NEVER unspooled it and washed it, all i ever do is wash the car and hose off the rope while its still SPOOLED up.

After the last person was on the forum saying cable can be "SET AND FORGET" and rope needs to washed or the grit gets into the fibres blah blah blah i had a good look

at my rope and as you guys prob know you can grab the rope and push it together so you can look at the weave, Well after doing that all of the length of the rope all

i could see in the centre of the rope was perfectly clean looking fibres, there was NO dirt all through it NONE.

I think when the rope is under tension the fibre is pulled so frickin tight that NOTHING can get in

I will take some pics of my three year old rope that has done a heap of muddy work and show you guys, i will grab some pics tomorrow.

really rope is so cheap now i carry a spare in my recovery bag and if it does snap you can tie a knot in it to get you out of the crap then put the new one on.

just M.O

Last edited:
Question for all of you?. Does any of u run a 12, 000lb winch?. If so are you legally aloud to or do you have to run a 9, 500lb winch?. Need to know cause im looking at winches as well?. Cheers...

I run a 12000lb winch and have never heard of a legalities of running different strength winches,
the only thing that i have heard is with SOME BARS and SOME Car manufactures require the winch to be held in a "cradle behind the bar and not held solely by the bar alone, like a TJM bar on a 200 cruiser for eg

I just saw the supercheap catalogue and was thinking of grabbing one aswell, for the occasional weekend use, if i get stuck.

Latest posts

Back