Not servicing at Nissan, ECU updates?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackass

Reaction score
I haven't been getting any servicing done at Nissan apart from the original 1000 km and then 10,000km. I have a good mechanic that has been doing the work.

Have I missed out on any ECU updates or tuning that they might do as part of the normal servicing cycle or am I on the wrong track? Or does the original ECU programming last the life of the vehicle?

I've done just over 80,000 kms and its about to drop off extended warranty and am about to get exhaust and chip mods done.

Any clues?

Cheers
Geoff

Hey Geoff,

I get the feeling that there might be something done at the 10,000km service to loosen the car up - seems that most experiences pre- and post- this service are that the car starts to use a noticeable amount less fuel and performs better.

That would make sense for a new engine too, run it a little on the inhibited side so you can't push it too hard while it gets a good bedding in.

But once that's done, there's very little need for change, I'd imagine. Nothing on the engine has changed, it's all just maintenance from 10,000km out to the life of the vehicle, so my best guess to answer your question is "no more changes".

As for actual updates to the ECU's programming, I've never heard of that for older models. The ECU on a 2010 model is going to be a little different than a 2009 model because of their own fiddling and tweaking at the factory. But once one of these puppies is married to the motor and shipped out, I doubt there'd be much in the way of changes unless there were some major flaw that they recall the vehicle for.

i don't know if t hey are flashable. there was some talk that they where burnt in a factory and thats was it.

There are updates for people having problems with weak clutches but I wouldn't recommend getting that flash put on as it moves the torque curve and people that have had it done recon they drive like a peace of crud afterwards and Nissan can't change it back without replacing the ECU. Some guy's in europe have had there's remapped with good success

There are updates for people having problems with weak clutches but I wouldn't recommend getting that flash put on as it moves the torque curve and people that have had it done recon they drive like a peace of crud afterwards and Nissan can't change it back without replacing the ECU. Some guy's in europe have had there's remapped with good success

Mine drives like crud, so maybe I have that tuning?

thats with the D40, not the D22.

Latest posts

Back