Strange question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karl

Reaction score
Ive got a 06 STR dualcab. when i brought it it was a tray back and it was converted. just something simple. my stickers are opposite to all other str tubs. im just a bit confused. Instead of it being NAVARA STR 3.0

its STR 3.0 NAVARA. its prolly nothing and a silly questiong but just wondering. all the other stickers are in the normal spots.
they said it was a newer model tub, but there all the same as normal i thought. well it looks a little original anyway ahah. just thought they may have dodgyed my up or somthing, the tub was free anyhow.
stickerrs.jpg

karl

The horizontal grooves you have along the tailgate indicate to me that it's the 08 and previous size. The 09 models have the newer larger tub (90 to 100mm) and I believe their tailgate is smooth with no grooves.

Not sure on the stickers? Maybe they put them on at pre-delivery and just got them around the wrong way?

Jason is right that tray is off a 2.5L model, the roll bar says it to me.

The 3LTD had a welded roll bar and the 2.5L's are bolted together.

Dave.

I like the white d22's, i reckon they look really good. Stickers are wrong way around, dont worry only a sticker.

We were after a black one, but once i saw it in white i really liked it, and now since i own it i prefer it :p

its acctually going back to the dealership tomorrow. Before i bought it there was a tiny leak coming from the bottom of the turbo, my mechanic saw it said its nothing but they can fix it since im buying it. went back to them told them, they explained it would be fixed no problems. checked it on the 3rd month of me owning it, and its got a lot of oil coming out of the base. i read some where that its normal for turbo diesel to leak a little oil while at idle. i dont no how true this is? im a bit worried. anyone else had this?

Last edited:
it wasnt leaking to the ground.
well i went there today and they said its normal for a d22 to do that so its in there court now, if it stuffs up there fault.

Karl, this has been my experience as well. My original turbo leaked oil, and so does my new one. I have also spoken to the dealer about it, and while they could not explain why (not surprisingly) they said all 3L D22's leak.

Hey mate, Id say your stickers are round the wrong way. You could make them pull them off and put new ones on if you liked.
Either were put around the wrong way or tailgate may have been resprayed and then they refit the stickers round the wrong way?

dont put drop more oil in engine than nessary, mine used to leak bad, only oily stain nowadays.

Yep i'll second that... When i bought my car it was serviced and overfilled and there was some leaking, once i dropped it down to the correct level i've had no dramas at all. Don't like sending the car out for servicing you just don't know if the first year apprentice is on the job.

ah ok thanks guys makes me feel a heap better. took it for a run to coffs harbour and back no problems.....until going past speed camera on the side of the road (fwd) think i got hit for 10kms over. o well. saw a big flash and looked at my speedo 60zone doing 70. owell hah

Latest posts

Back