Manual to auto conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy_jay89

Reaction score
i was thinking that when i replace my motor for a lower km one

would it be possible to convert it to auto...

i would be buying a wreck pathy whole to do it

Last edited:
I'm assuming you mean convert manual to auto per the thread subject - if not, let me know and I'll edit the title for you.

ECM needs to be replaced so that it communicates with the TCM in the auto box. Might need some wiring to handle that - I don't know if the manual has the harness for the auto connectors.

cheers tony..

all fixed,

with the tcm etc, since i would be getting a complete car everything would hopefully just swap over

sounds quite painful... be easier to just buy a new one, you can get ST navara's for like 38k in auto if you bargain, how much is the wreck going to cost you plus costs associated with the swap?

I just figure for that kind of effort theres better engines and drivetrains I would want to put in there instead of another YD25.

Reason is because it will be cheaper in the long run.

A wreck could be gotten at around 10k plus just the swap mechanicals about 2k. Everything else I can do so for 15k ish. I can get a "new" car that's around 20k cheaper than buying a new one then adding bullbar etc again

And without a new job that pays well. A new car is about 4yrs. Away. (Hopefully I do get the job at the dump, as its weekend only and pays full time wage)

And then I would rather a v6 and then I would be to worries to take it offroad and get scratches in it

Last edited:
yea I just wasn't sure how much you were still in for on the current one you have.

my thinking was along the lines of sell for mid 20's it plus the $15k for a rebuild and you were pretty much there on a new one.

yeah u are right but...

because i would want to go the v6 would be cheaper to convert mine..

plus im still thinking of doing a sas eventually and turn the car into a weekend warrior

you mean the v6 diesel? or v6 petrol?

a V9x in there would be nice Vq40 is alright though to.

If you look on the net you can get a Renault V9X from Europe for $5,500 + freight. I believe Nissan want about $14,000 for one here.

with the Auto box look for an 06 model then you will avoid the dpf bullshit... if you get a new one, you have that headache to deal with, I thought about an auto conversion in mine, but you loose a few things like the hill decent in 1st low as judging from the forums the don't lock into 1st gear, but the could just be the v6 models, correct me here so we know... the manual std has a dual mass flywheel, I had mine converted to single and exceed h/duty clutch - lasted about 50 000k its just started slipped, so have upgraded again to a NPC clutch, when it comes back out of the shed, ill let you know how it goes.. nav is undergoing some upgrades atm

one of the reasons i want to swap to auto is so that i dont have to worry about the clutch...

ive got maybe 50-60k kms left in mine

if you go to the V6 diesel, check that it fits. i believe Nissan had to change quite a bit to make it fit in the D40 so it may not be an easy thing to fit one into a 2.5L chassis

I was thinking that when it happens. I may do a patrol chassis swap. That way a can get solid axles without major fabrication work. Just body mounts and custom bullbar brackets etc

Latest posts

Back