Cruiser park christmas breakup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colby_w_t

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Christmas break up this year was spent out at landcruiser mountain park by my boss the apprentice and i for a day and a night.

After getting there we went on a cruisy little drive around (me in my nav) and the boss in (hilux).

After deciding i needed more travel we went back to camp and took the rear shocks out of the nav.

we tried a few easy tracks and then decided to go check out CAMP ROAD, once we got there and walked the track the boss decided he was going to give it a go. last time he did it was in his old ute (pretty much the exact same but front air locked).

Before i tell you more i will let you know what he has done to his hilux.

1985 hilux diesel single cab.

he has removed the standard diesel and put a 2.4l turbo motor out of a 1995 toyota surf,he also cut out the coil rear end of the surf and added it into his ute, now running patrol rear springs and hino truck shocks in the back aswell as a triangulated 3 link system with heim joints for extra twist.
up front he now has the rear leaf pack which gives extra lift, cross over steer system so he now runs power steering, 50mm drop hanger, 33" claws, 2 bucket seats.

now back to what i was saying, In he goes low range 2nd gear and pulls all the way up no trouble at all, then straight back down the other side of the track. too easy he says.

so seeing how easy it was i thought the nav might have a chance.

and boy was i right, with only a 2" body lift, 33" bighorns, new shocks front (none in the rear), wound up torsion bars and a heavy duty exedy clutch.

the mighty nav crawled up half way in low range 1st gear and then got stuck as i had run out of travel in the front, stoppped for a moment rolled back a little, chose another line and went for it again and a presto 1 mildly modified navara diesel makes it up camp road without diff locks.

we do have video footage of camp road, as soon as i ghet it off the apprentice i will post it up.

boy was i stoked.

after this we decided to go up telecom hill, boss went up first nice and easy.
My turn up i go first section nice and easy, get to the flat and realign for the second half, and off i go again.

all the way up she goes, and thats where she stays for the next half hour.

Icant turn around i cant steer, problem 1 snapped tie rod adjuster, 1 bent idler arm.

We managed to turn it around and had to just let the wheel follow the ruts back to the bottom, then get dragged back to camp where we could pull the part out.

got the part out took it to the office and used a piece of tube to weld the 2 ends back together, that was the end of the nav for the day/night, managed to limp it all the way home to caloundra doing mighty slow speeds.

Attachments

• 19122009274.jpg
    19122009274.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 19122009275.jpg
    19122009275.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 19122009276.jpg
    19122009276.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 19122009277.jpg
    19122009277.jpg