Ironman 4x4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman 4x4

2014 Muster Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Rather than clog up the intro section, I thought I'd setup a section in the advertising sub-section.

If you have any questions, queries or issues please feel free to leave them here.

Side steps on a d22 and rear suspension setup (200+kg springs and shocks)? Cheers

Can you give me any other info on the new ironman winches with rope. Have read a lot about them but still unsure. How do they stack up to the rest if the equivalent market?

Rusty

Side steps on a d22 and rear suspension setup (200+kg springs and shocks)? Cheers

Hey Mate,

We don't do any side steps for D22s at the moment. They are on the list with the product development team, but they are still a fair way down the track.

As for suspension setups. We have a couple of options that would take into account that 200+ kg. I'd suggest you give us a call on 1300 731 137 and we can discuss what you primarily will be using it for and what sort of ride you are looking for. We have options for a "performance" setup which is rated from 0-250kg and we have a constant load setup for 250+ (to GMV)kg. The constant load is only really recommended if you are constantly carrying a load over that 250kg mark otherwise it can be quite a harsh ride. The performance setup is generally what we recommend.

We also have two types of shocks (both nitro gas), one that is a comfort/soft ride and the other which is a more standard, and is what we would recommend if you are carrying a regular load.

Hope that give a good start though!

Any plans on side steps for a D40 with side airbags?

Hey tyron,

Yes we do have plans for them. We are actually heading over to South Australia next week to do some airbag testing.

Keep an eye on our Facebook page as that is the first place you will hear about it.

Hey Ironman/men/women/person

I run a fair bit of your gear, bull bar, canopy, lift kit and bashplates.

Can I say that I love anyone giving the big two a run for there money and overall I'm impressed with the gear!

As a happy customer, I believe there are a couple little things that would greatly improve your products from my experience.

1. Please make D22 bash plates that fit to a bullbar! whowants bash plates but not a bullbar? if you read the forum, you will see that many of us have made them fit already! myself included, heck I'll even give you the CAD drawing if you want. :p

2. The light in the canopy is not great, I'm 176cm and had to climb into the tray to turn it on, and then it was not all that bright. for $10 I changed it to an easy to reach switch and an LED strip. Good lighting is appreciated by everyone.

3. If you're after a new design engineer let me know!

finally, last weekend there was a bullbar Vs tree stump incident and your bullbar easily won!
thanks for the great bang for your buck product

Shannon

Hey Ironman/men/women/person

I run a fair bit of your gear, bull bar, canopy, lift kit and bashplates.

Can I say that I love anyone giving the big two a run for there money and overall I'm impressed with the gear!

As a happy customer, I believe there are a couple little things that would greatly improve your products from my experience.

1. Please make D22 bash plates that fit to a bullbar! whowants bash plates but not a bullbar? if you read the forum, you will see that many of us have made them fit already! myself included, heck I'll even give you the CAD drawing if you want. :p

2. The light in the canopy is not great, I'm 176cm and had to climb into the tray to turn it on, and then it was not all that bright. for $10 I changed it to an easy to reach switch and an LED strip. Good lighting is appreciated by everyone.

3. If you're after a new design engineer let me know!

finally, last weekend there was a bullbar Vs tree stump incident and your bullbar easily won!
thanks for the great bang for your buck product

Shannon

Hey Shannon,

We are currently working on a revision to the underbody bash plates for a d22, the problem comes down to how they currently mount, meaning with the current designs it ends up being one or the other.

We're always happy for input from others in our product design and development process so if you did want to show us what you have done, I'll be happy to pass them directly onto the product manager currently working on the re-design.

------

Thanks for the support from everyone!

Hey Shannon,

We are currently working on a revision to the underbody bash plates for a d22, the problem comes down to how they currently mount, meaning with the current designs it ends up being one or the other.

We're always happy for input from others in our product design and development process so if you did want to show us what you have done, I'll be happy to pass them directly onto the product manager currently working on the re-design.

------

Thanks for the support from everyone!

i too have modified your bashplates to suit steel bar and chassis mounted recovery points
i also strengthened your front plate
happy for ironman to view if required

Ok thanks for that will contact my local for some prices!

No problem mate,

To give you an idea of price, our awnings are $285-295 depending on the size.

Our recovery kits are $132 for the small recovery kit (this includes a 8000kg snatch, 2x 4.7t bow shackles, a 4.7t recovery hitch and leather gloves, all in a kit bag).
The large recovery kit is $285 (this includes 8000kg snatch, 20m x 4500kg winch extension strap, a 12000kg tree trunk protector, a 5m drag chain, 2x 4.7t shackles, a snatch block, leather gloves and a kit bag.

Called in today and checked out your new digs , very impressive , got a few prices from a helpful guy named Leigh , and blow me , seen a D-40 king cab with what looked to be a factory hard lid ( something I've been told by many don't exist ) , ill see you lot again come tax time :)

Hey Steve,

Just wanted to let you know I passed on your feedback to Leigh. It made his day to hear such positive feedback, just wanted to let you know how much he appreciated it!

G'day ironman.
I'm looking at lift kits for my wd21 terrano.
I've got the ironman 2" kit with foam cell shocks in my d21 dual cab navara
and have been very happy with it.
The kits listed for the terrano/pathfinder say to expect only 40mm lift, is there option for more as I would gave preferred 50mm minimum.
Also will be carrying a bit of extra weight in the back constantly with a few extra's on the wheel carrier also.
Cheers Craig

Hey Craig,

I just had a chat to our suspension manager about it and 40mm is the limit that the front torsion bars will allow. There are differences between the d21s and the wd21s which is what makes up the 10mm difference. For the WD21s we generally expect to be able to get 35-40mm out of the front torsion bars. Out of the rear you could get more, and could happily get to 50mm, but we try to keep the suspension level between the front and rear where possible.

If you wanted to go more than the 40mm (at the front), it's a fairly big job and would likely involve a big change to the front suspension i.e. diff drops etc. and isn't something that we offer.

As for the suspension we'd recommend, I'd be running our Foam Cell shocks if you are taking decent weight and looking to go offroad. And as for springs we only have the choice of the Performance spring, but this will allow up to 250kg of extra load, which should be sufficient for what you are looking at running.

This would therefore mean you'd be best suited to our Performance kit with Foam Cell Shocks (NISS018BKF).

Let me know if you have any questions mate. Happy to help you out, give advice etc.

G'day, had bash plates fitted to my 09 d22 with Arb bar plates had to be modified to fit & looks like no oil drain holes other than that look good hopefully save some damage up cape next week!

G'day, had bash plates fitted to my 09 d22 with Arb bar plates had to be modified to fit & looks like no oil drain holes other than that look good hopefully save some damage up cape next week!

Great to hear webby!,

Hopefully they save the underside from any unsuspecting damage!

Latest posts

Back