For those whom don't want a bulbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1961

Reaction score
heres an interesting look for those who don't want a bulbar , color coded chrome section of the grille , looks great

yeah i know its a frontier , we don't get a decent color choice in the king cab range either , but the Aussie king cabs do have the color coded mirrors and door handles

Like a bit of chrome here and there as I'm a bit old fashioned but that looks tasteful. Don't think I will rushing out to colour code my King Cab grill tho.

Like a bit of chrome here and there as I'm a bit old fashioned but that looks tasteful. Don't think I will rushing out to colour code my King Cab grill tho.

Iam the same actually , ive just done a spare grille in black , but i dont think ill put it on

someone say a little chrome?

and for the full look with wheels

2011-nissan-frontier.jpg

Funny you mention wheels , i have a set in gloss black that iam having fitted with cooper st maxx , but ive toyed with the idea of having the ones currently on the truck acid stripped and high polished , then having a set of 265/75/16 road tyres fitted , i don't know the composition of the alloy though, as if its got magnesium in it at all they wont polish

I was going to do the same but was advised against it. I know some on the states were going to have a try but their wheels are different anyway

These would suit me perfectly and already in a sort of black ghost chrome
2012-Nissan-Frontier-Wheel.jpg

i can only think theres magnesium in the alloy , which wont polish , i cant think of any other reason you would have been advised not to do it , its quite an easy polish as all the surfaces to be polished are flat , besides the lug holes , however you can get it chromed , same difference

Well its funny you should say that
These days "Mag" wheels have bugger all magnesium in them. the main reason not to polish factory mags is that they are cast wheels to be painted. I was told by a wheel polisher that it would almost require machining first to get a semi decent finish to the wheel.
If you ever chip a factory wheel you will notice the paint is actually pretty thick.
Having said all that I would still like to have a go at doing it someday. I was thinking black wheel with just the main faces polished .

yes same here , ill let you know how it goes , ill try one first , if it don't work out well ill have them chromed

They will have to polish them to chrome them anyway just not to the same mirror finish but still damm smooth

All it has to be is smooth , you can get high magnesium content alloy smooth , but it won't polish shiney , then you can have it chromed ,

Latest posts

Back