good 4wd tracks, with water crossings and camping spots

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap55s

Reaction score
hey boys and girls, just wondering... im new to the 4wd scene, did my first water crossing last week, through the Murray river at Tom Groggin in Kosciuzko nat. park.
LOVED it.
just wondering if you know of anymore great water crossings with camping spots?

Phil

Tasmania.........

Or more specifically Bloomfield track
ooops meant Balfour track, Bloomfields in the Daintree.

Last edited:
Nolans Brook

Cape York

23 nav cape york 2.jpg

Sorry mate, can't help you. I avoid water if I can these days. Severl years ago a river base collapsed under my Patrol....result was chest deep water inside the vehicle and a total loss :-(

cowmung river fire trail and limeburners behind the jenolan caves, cant remember the park name.

also some really cool river drives at lake lyall at lithgo.

Youdales Hut at Oxley Wild River's National Park near Yarrowitch NSW. There is an entry fee and the river is probably only 5m wide and about 3 foot deep with a well compacted stone riverbed. I caught a couple of eels in the creek overnight and there is plenty to see and do down there for a couple of days. Nice place.

Also for a free river crossing Upper Macdonald (where I took the photo of my car you see in my thumbnail) located about 2hrs North of Sydney near St Albans has 3 x sandy creek crossings about 1 foot deep. The creek was great for the kids to swim in too with clean drinking water and soft white sand. A backup vehicle or a winch is a good idea for this one though as you have to climb up a slippery black soil river bank from a soft sand river bed. Otherwise there are a few farms nearby that you can probably get a tow from as it is basically an access road for 50 and 100acre properties. But a well worn track and a lovely drive after lunch at St Albans hotel.

Last edited:
cowmung river fire trail and limeburners behind the jenolan caves, cant remember the park name.

Dingo Dell isn't it.

Another one in that area is called Frying Pan creek fire trail, next to a camp site of the same name.
It drops 600m in 400m of travel.
Real face up against the windscreen stuff.

I can recommend Mt Walker at Lithgow as well.
Unless you like camping next to the tracks, there's not much there.
But the driving is awesome, I'll make this my favourite place to go.

Bendethra. Great spot for a camp and there area few river crossings with nice country to see.

Attachments

• image-3349300664.jpg
    image-3349300664.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 66

Latest posts

Back