12v switches

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathanJG

Reaction score
I am looking for some 12v switches to wire in with the LEDs I got the other day. Looking to have a switch inside the canopy to control LED strip on the awning and another to control the LED strip/s in the canopy. Can anyone recommend some compact switches that might be suitable?

Look anywhere, eBay has heaps. I bought some for 2bucks a switch from AutoLookz for the camper trailer

thanks for the replies guys. Am lloking for some sort of slimline switch to mount in the canopy. Have looked on the jaycar website and searched through ebay but can't find what I want. Might have to actually make a physical trip to jaycar and have a look.
I have also bought a couple of those cheap volt displays to check the voltage of my batteries. (The cheapo $1.99 fro HK ones of ebay). Should I have a switch on these as well or would they be only drawing very minimal current to keep the display on all the time??

Getting decent inline switches is a major PITA. sure, Jaycar sell stuff, but the moment they get any moisture(rain, drip, condensation, rainy packup), they turn to crap and it will be the same with any flea-bay offering as they all come from China.

One of my routine maintenance activities is replacing non-working switches in 12V switch boxes that I built with gear from Jaycar/China. you get what you pay for.

If you can not find it in the online catalogue, then they probably don't have it.
Search for "inline switch" CAT. NO. SK0998 is probably usable, but at $8 each ouch and you really do not want the plug and socket.

At one stage(decade ago?) they sold a 240 lamp light inline switch for twin/figure 8 cord, which would have been good for you need. I haven't seen them around for about the same time(legislation changes).

If you have a source of film canisters/test strip containers/plastic pill bottles or similar, then have a look at these;
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SK0960

10mm mounting hole in the bottom of the above, feed the wires through, solder or crimp to slides and you're away. Only 10 for $20.

I'd get a push button version for taking volt meter readings.

Latest posts

Back