Nissan navara back seat false floor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesyy

Reaction score
G'day everyone

i own a 2006 nissan navara dual cab and im looking at taking the back seats out and building a false floor to give me that little bit more room, just wondering if anyone has done this before and peoples opinions and tips,
im only young but would love to do it myself because im very hands on. so if anyone has got any tip for me that would be great

cheers
jack

u cant take out seats if the car is rego'ed as a 5 seater with 5 seat belts... any less and the cops can and will fine you

only way round is to go to dot to change the stats

u cant take out seats if the car is rego'ed as a 5 seater with 5 seat belts... any less and the cops can and will fine you

only way round is to go to dot to change the stats

as i said above , read the threads and find out what they done , but if i remember it has something to do with the seat belts , ie from memory if their fitted they must have seats , or something like that , and you can decrease the number . but not increase the number of seats , it also had something to do with a temporary arrangement , but their doing it legally

I was reading about in on TMR (QLD) and we can take seats out if it is temporary. So for instance, if you have the 4wd setup for a trip for 2 people you take the seats out for extra space.

So as long as you can give a reason for them being out, when they will be going back in and possibly demonstrate how you have built it to be swapped in and out then you should be fine.

in QLD....

I guess the safest way is to contact the licensing authority in the state you live and find out what they say , but legalities aside , it's very doable

I have had my rear seats out for extra storage and had no issues. As someone mentioned you just have to give reason as to why they are out. If its permanent removal you need to have it mod plated and car registered as a 2 seater.

Rusty

I knew there was a reason why we should have purchased another van. 28 years of vans with an extra back seat(3 position) and plod never gave a toss about it. Switch to a dual cab abd plod seems to be all over you. Or is it just the case of peeps driving bring them to the attention of plod?

Removed my rear seat in my d22 a while ago now to make more room. Can't find a pic of it painted up but this should give you some ideas. Still to get a mod plate to be a two seater. Been 12 months and never been picked up tho. It has room for 35L engle with gas cooker beside it. On the drivers side has the box with a lift up lid and gas strut to hold it open. It's now painted dark grey similar to interior trim panel colour.
2wocgt0.jpg

I've never had any trouble with my ute, cops dont pay me any attention, never been pulled over, not even when speeding past them on the hume. mind you my ute is white and very neat, no stickers or anything on the outside. If your shelf is temp I'm pretty sure you dont have to change the plate, otherwise all 80's series landcrusiers would be illegal with their removable back seats which no one has in. I need to go work on my shelf today, am slowly making progress.

Ive done it with mine, looks permanent but can have the seats changed back in 5 mins. I have my compressor hardwired and mounted underneath.

Attachments

• IMAG0350.jpg
    IMAG0350.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 668
Looks neat,mines a bit rougher than that.
Has a 60 liter Engel on it and a 40 liter water tank with a 12v pump.
Mine doesn't go all the way over either,so i can put my clothes bag,sleeping bags etc there instead of in the tub.

i did the same on my patrol. made it a 2 seater and used marine ply for water and fridge storage area where second row of seats went. cargo barrier and tubs went in wagon part. is legal to do, you just cant take seat belts out of car. they have to be left in.

Back