Mt skene in winter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosery

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering who's been up there. Did a search on here but nothing. Reading on other forums etc it looks like you need a permit to drive up there. Which will only be giving out to members of 4x4 clubs. I didn't plan on paying to join a club in order to head up here. But seems like I have to. Can anyone clarify all this for me please

I've heard the same and i just googled mt skene permits and got this.

http://www.fwdvictoria.org.au/uploa...d Seasonal Road Access Website Appln Form.pdf

Yeah I found that to plus a bunch of other conflicting story's.Apparently to many ill equipt car/4wders were getting stuck and police etc had to rescue them continually so they shut it to the public. So to me that reads you need to be in a club and have a trip leader. Can the average joe go up there with his mates for a weekend snow trip?

We did it last year with our 4wd club and it was fun! in fact, we are going to do it again this year.
I know you need to apply for a permit and must carry snow chains.

Cheers

We did it last year with our 4wd club and it was fun! in fact, we are going to do it again this year.
I know you need to apply for a permit and must carry snow chains.

Cheers

That's good. Was it hard driving or just easy day. What 4wd club are you from. Would u be possibly able to find out what's involved to get a permit. Damn the snow chains don't have any and not keen to get some for 33s

Latest posts

Back