V6 high KM's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve-0

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm looking at buying a Dual cab Ute but don't want to spend more then $15k so my options are limited. I've come across a 2002 D22 navara, Manual 3.0l v6 but theres one problem... 230,000kms on the clock!

Question is, are these engines reliable? I mean on most diesel engines and a few 4-cyl petrol engines i'd think 230k is fine... but im abit wary about v6s..Assuming its been serviced since new and i replace all the easy worn out parts will the engine still keep on going till 300k ?

Planning on using it only on weekends as a shuttle ute (on road) and taking it easy off road every other time.

Any help and things to look for is much appreciated :)

Well the navara i was looking at sold too quick..

However, after doing some research on them i think i'm still gunna stick with one, and so the hunt begins. Wheres the best places to snag a bargain on a D22? Looking for diesel preferably for $15k~

Mate D22's have an amazing resale value from what I have seen. There are always bargains to be had though so keep your eyes peeled. My mate just sold his 05 diesel (I think) for about 20k so you should find something close to your budget.

befriend red book
Redbook <----Click there
"Tell 'im he's dreaming" Use this to gauge value of used vehicles factor in %25 of purchase price of accessories and haggle.

Last edited:
It seems redbook doesn't make a lick of difference for dealers, their line seems to be that redbook over-values trade-ins and under-values the on-sell of them.

But as we knowcar dealers are generally full of shit

I would think that a VG series engine would be good for 400,000km's in NA form.

Make sure the timing belt has been changed at the right interval which is every 100,000km's.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back