Canopies and roof racks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenmile7

Reaction score
Hey there guys, been a lovely wet weekend here on Yorkes. I'm getting ready for a trip to arkaroola in a fortnight and frantically getting everything the way I want it.. My query today is I have a flexiglass premier canopy on the d40. I've already made a set of racks and mounted them on the roof. I made them with a large footprint and full size plates inside to pull up against the fibreglass. Now have I been led in the wrong direction when reading unsupported racks on the flexiglass had a rating of 75kg per rack??? Now I will be happy with a spare tyre, shovel and jack so it's not going to be too heavy. WEIGHT DOWN LOW IS THE GO!!
Any help on canopy roof rating would be good.

Cost me 30 bucks to make and that was for the paint and clamps. Cheap and slightly nasty

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 232
LOL i wouldn't be trusting a spare to 6 hose clamps , first emergency stop it will take the heads off the kids in the back of the crappadore you near rear end

spare tyre, shovel and jack

thats a lot of weight on an unsupported piece of fibreglass

Agree with Sparra, Get the supports safer. You put much more the 20kgs on them you'll be up for a new once once you hit you 1st out back road.

Latest posts

Back