Nissan Service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1961

Reaction score
Well I just fronted at a Job and went to open my tonneau and found the alloy attachment point on the tail gate has ripped away from the body , all the rivets have sheared away , pissed right off
call to Nissan service
serivce dept , how may i help you , story , blah blah ,blah , oh were sorry Mr Steven , but you will have to wait 3 weeks before we can attend to that , *&*&)P(*&(&% right CLICK ~~~~~ , magically appear bunnings , All fixed , it now has 10 , 5 mm rivets holding it on not 6 , 4 mm ones , and grand total of $ 2.50 and 30 mins work , not 3 WEEKS Thanks Mr Nissan for the prompt repair , NOT

Last edited:
I'm feelin ya. I'm booked in thurs morn in Adelaide for tow bar recall. I hope I don't get screwed around to much. Pretty simple job. Take off old one, weld two cracks and mount new one. 1/2 hour job maybe an hour for slave to the man. Lol. But no Nissan want my ute all day!!!
Idiot x 2

I'm feelin ya. I'm booked in thurs morn in Adelaide for tow bar recall. I hope I don't get screwed around to much. Pretty simple job. Take off old one, weld two cracks and mount new one. 1/2 hour job maybe an hour for slave to the man. Lol. But no Nissan want my ute all day!!!
Idiot x 2

No doubt you will pick it up and your towbar will be fitted and welded to your sports bar and the 7 pin plug with attached neatly to the center of your steering wheel , they cant put in pop rivets , or it takes them 3 weeks to plan doing such , what chance have you got ??

Last edited:
Hey they got the tow bar on right :) pitty it took nearly 9hours. 7 hours to take the old one off and then 2 hours to go and find the new one.

That's why I do everything myself. The forum is a good information source and a heap of good people with enough knowledge to get me thru most things I take on. Nissan don't fix anything anyway and it's never happened to them or they have never heard of it before and it's never there fault. So I don't bother with them.

Latest posts

Back