D40 lifted suspension travel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcm4090

Reaction score
I have a request.

I would see what suspension down travel you guys are getting. what I am looking for is a measurement from the center of the hub to the fender arch with the wheel on the ground and a measurement with the front end jack up and the tires not touching the ground.
Also with the wheel off the ground can you please take a picture showing if the control is sitting on the coil bucket.

thank you
Mike.

Don't we all have the same amount? Fairly sure you have to change the length of the control arms to get any more suspension travel?

Don't we all have the same amount? Fairly sure you have to change the length of the control arms to get any more suspension travel?

I think MCM4090 may be looking for amount of down travel that is lost when the vehicle is lifted.
Your right in what you say. There is only X amount of travel available with the standard control arms. By lifting an IFS front end you may gain height clearance but because the arm is simply moved to a higher position the upper arm is closer to its limit of downward travel causing the suspension to "top out" - This can be worse for on road handling than bottoming out because it will lift the wheel and decrease traction or adhesion to the road.

Latest posts

Back