2012 D40 ST - Xrox install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vigilante

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just thought I would post up a piccy of the Xrox bar which a mate and I installed today. Super easy install even though we hadn't ever done anything like this before. The thing that took the longest was measuring the straight line across the bumper - measure 8 times, cut once was the order of the day. Additionally, drilling the vertical hole through the chassis to accommodate for the mounting system also took us some time, just because we had to ensure we were drilling it in the right position!

Only criticism is the instructions. Although I didn't really need to refer to them for the installation as it was very straight forward, they do specify measuring 40 mm from the centre of the grill with regard to the bumper cut. I think this should be 50 mm such that the gap between the Xrox bar and the remaining bumper is less.

All in all it took us about 4 hours including two coffee breaks and stuffing about waiting for batteries recharge (apparently the batteries were "charged"... bloody Ryobi!). Good way to spend a Wednesday :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Looks good mate. Starting to look very similar to mine. You decided on some spotties yet?

Definitely want to get some spotties. I could go the cheap option and get some Roolite 220's or something but I really like the look and performance of the IPF HID's. Would want the the black grille cover as well :)

41lHhmdZcpL._SL500_SS500__5166.jpg

I went for some ebay specials got 4" for inside each wing of the XROX and two 9" for the under to hoop. They are 55w HID and are extremely bright.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230844754112?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

These bad boys. Be wary of the size. 9" is NOT 9" It actually measured to be around 10.8". So i had to make mods to it. I got pics to show ya.

adcOzQjx.jpg

adrqAM6V.jpg

The centre hole is where the bolt used to be and I drilled a hole behind it to bring the light foward so we it wouldnt point directly into the road infront of me. I make a fark up in the first light. Drilled the hole in front thinking that would bring it foward. Stupid mistake ahaha. But they do fit nicely now and are extremely bright. Just got to paint the smaller ones which are in the wings. There 4" FYI.

As you can see, I also painted the red part black. I just reckon red looks sh|thouse against the black bar.

As awesome as they just remember they are for looks and approach angle. The lack of outer hoops leave head lights open to roo strikes. Not that the rest of the bar will hold up to much.

But looks good mate just need some meaner rubber to show off.

Looks good! We cut the bumper on mine and as we were fitting the mounts discovered that Outback Accessories sent me the wrong brackets without the 50mm body lift added in. Still waiting a week later for brackets to arrive. Not real happy as can't drive the car without the bullbar mounted. :-(

very nice looking Bar!
looks like a rock solid install

How much cheaper if any is the xrox bar compared to arb bar?

If you do the install on an xrox bar yourself, you will save at least $1000. I got quoted $2.3k for an arb deluxe bar with fog lights. As was mentioned before, these bars wont protect as well as an arb bar in an animal strike. These are just for winch mounting and ground clearance.

Vigilante, how was the finish on yours ? Just installed one on my nav and the powder coat was average. Still had weld slag in section and missing dots of powder it different places. Overall the bar is good but the finish is subpar on mine. Install went fine once we ditched the instructions and said "fark it lets just start bolting stuff up"

Haha yeah, we ditched the instructions in about 2 seconds flat as well. I am happy with the finish on mine... powder coat was good and no welding slag or anything like that though :| Sucks to hear about that for you mate...

Latest posts

Back