New Engine

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard a rumour years ago when the patrols stopped coming out with the 4.2 turbo diesels that they were getting replaced with v6 diesels. Maybe this is the engine.

That particular one is an east west and I am pretty sure it is already in a van or suv of some description.
Have heard similar rumors of this motor going into the patrol and even the d40 but who knows.

There was talk on another Forum about a V6 diesel going into the R51 Pathfinder.

Find it hard to believe that Australia will see it, Europe and the US will get it before we do.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
yup. might buy up a few gu diffs, could be worth a bit in a couple years.

Wow it is a bit ugly. Will look better with a bullbar though I think.

There are suggestions that the F-Alpha platform used by the defunct Armada will serve as the basis of new Patrol, and that a version of the Armada 5.6-litre V8 petrol and the Renault 3.0 dCi V6 turbo-diesel engines will be used.

Does the 200 series cruiser come with IFS and solid axle options? This quote is interesting, sounds like they haven't decided on IFS or Solid axle for the Patrol yet.

“Engine configuration, transmission options are going to be decided depending on what local needs are, if we decide to take it up against Cruiser [200 Series] or retain some of that off-road Patrol iconic quality.”

Nissan 2010 Patrol - Nissan heavyweight shapes up | GoAuto

Last edited:
all the 70 series are solid axle, only front solid axle toyota make now i think.

Wow it is a bit ugly. Will look better with a bullbar though I think.

You'll need a bullbar on the back too the back doesn't look all that appealing.

If the new Nav design the poms are talking about is anything like that I'm glad I got mine when I did.

I should add that I read that in a Toyotamonthly mag when the 200 series first got reviewed.

Dave.

Ok now I am wondering.
Navara (STX only spanish build) and Pathfinder are being run out for a new model mid year.
Part of the change is an engine (diesel) performance improvement. The dealers do not even know the changes as there is a global hush on them.
There is a big price rise on these vehicles (5K) which I heard was due to sat nav, camera, bluetooth, leather etc but maybe there is more to it than I have heard.
Rumour officially started! :)

Back