That sinking feeling

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
The photo shows me in a very embarrassing situation not that you can see the depth of the swamp from the poor photo i broke the two main rules that we all know walk if first and travel with a mate i did neither and had the two girls with me.

I have camped on this private property for 25 years driven through that section many times things have changed due to the climate and now everything is different it sucked it down like quicksand as it was a flowing water spring every hour spent there down if went 2 inches we were there for 6.

Maxtrax by 4 useless nowhere to get a winch point to for at least 180mtrs even burying the spare was out of the question in the end the doors wouldn't open. My only way out at last was the 4wd tractor as i said it's a poor photo but we have to remember those rules.

Unhappy John

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 406
Got to love a wet paddock, had to ring my boss at 10.30 on a Sunday night to pull us out, hehe it was his ute

It's pics like that which make me happy I'm no longer on the farm because our old paddocks would have been slush pits again this year.

Been there done that. Went up the Grampians after work one Friday night in our 2WD Hiace van. Got hopelessly bogged at 9pm. Took 6 hours of digging the next morning to get out.

We got out just in time to go home.

Love it.

wow u pulled the old tractor out!!! Nav`s can do anything. Love driving around the farm for this very reason.

Can you believe I got a phone call the property owner that I have known for 25yrs the neighbours farm was trashed by 3 patrol fools now the police are involved thankfully my kids recorded all our driving so all good.

Reminds me of a similar story from a mate of mine (and its real mate and really happen rather than one of those "a mate told me" stories) who was working othe construction of a new golf course that was PGA certified etc so the layers etc had to layer down in just right way and samples set off for certification etc etc.

Well MATE (won't share his name) arrive on site and the access road road to the site offices was a huge arc around the future fairway.........unbeknown to MATE who on third day took a short cut to the office straight across and got bogged in the exposed soil........no worries, stick on the lockers and push through with the big 6L V8 in his dodge. Suffice to say he made it out but it was farly obvious who had just ripped up a few weeks worth of prepared fairway......he never made it to day four of the job.

we had people go into our back paddock after we had told them not to enter as we had cattle there. They went in anyway and got bogged so got the neighbour closest to pull them out. H phoned us and took his time so we met them at the gate and gave them an ear full. plus a few threats about what woud happen if the visited the locality again. They never came back

Back