who's running bfg m/t's?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
hey all

been looking at some tyres today at a few shops and bloody hell the pricing is expensive.

i currently have a set of 265/75/r16 bfg all terrains on a 7 inch wide rim, but they are pretty worn out so i'm interested in a new set.

i got two options:

285/75/r16 bfg mud terrain km2, but i'll need to buy some 8 inch wide rims...
tyres cost $379 each plus $125 for new steel rims to fit

or i can get a direct replacement of 265/75/r16 all terrains for $345 each

do these prices sound ok? or is this a rip off?

i'm really favouring the new m/t km2 as they are so chunky and pretty wide with supposedly low noise, but if any one is running them tell me what you think.

cheers,
george

Last edited:
Sounds expensive with the Oz dollar so strong, I bought my BFG A/T for $265 November 08, Hard to believe they could gone up that much.

Tyre price sounds about right last time I checked, but I did hear that Cooper's were offering up some good prices recently through Tyre Power.

The rims are a bit off, you should be able to get new for around $75 if you are buying with tyres and you look around.

Don't just limit yourself to BFG, there are some good tyres out there. People are getting 80-90 thousand k's out of the Maxxis Bighorns.

I got my new Maxxis bighorns for $290 on 16*8 King steelies for $130. I was looking at the BFGs as well but they were more expensive at around $330.

Tyres sound about the right price, my mate bought some mid to late last year and i couldnt believe the price of em, rims seem about the right price too, i paid $120 for mine, 15inch rims are the ones that are cheaper.
You could probably find something cheaper out there but i dont think it will be by much.
Another guy i work with has just clocked over 100,000k on his bf goodrich all terrain tyres and comparing it to the new spare, so far the tread has only used about 60%, no shit, i couldnt believe it when i seen it, the car does do a lot of highway kays and no 4wding.

Tyres sound about the right price, my mate bought some mid to late last year and i couldnt believe the price of em, rims seem about the right price too, i paid $120 for mine, 15inch rims are the ones that are cheaper.
You could probably find something cheaper out there but i dont think it will be by much.
Another guy i work with has just clocked over 100,000k on his bf goodrich all terrain tyres and comparing it to the new spare, so far the tread has only used about 60%, no shit, i couldnt believe it when i seen it, the car does do a lot of highway kays and no 4wding.

thats what i like to hear

and that my last set of bfg a/t's lasted 90,000km...they got 3mm tread left, so probs another 10,000km left

My mate was told if you rotate them every 10,000km do a wheel alignment every 6months and regurlarly check pressures the tyres should last about 140,000km. Thats his freeway driving.

ive got 265/70/16 bfg km2 muds on mine. They are a great tyre. Much quieter on road than you'd expect, and they really do pull up in the wet (surprisingly), id even say better than the oem tyres. I think from memory i paid about $320 a tyre.

mate i know a place down at granvill the companys name is eagle tyres and ther doing bfg all terain for $280 fitted 265/r16

yeah i just bought five 265/75/16 BFG KM2 tyres for $360 ea and old mate even gave me one of those blackmax compressors over the counter to :) awesome tyre love it

im currently running 265/75/16 bfg km2s. paid 365 each from memory. great off road. seems to be wearing well after 12,000kms. as for noise i would say they are a fair bit quieter than my mates bighorns IMO. if i were you i would probably pay the extra and get the 285's in the km2 :)

ive got 265/70/16 bfg km2 muds on mine. They are a great tyre. Much quieter on road than you'd expect, and they really do pull up in the wet (surprisingly), id even say better than the oem tyres. I think from memory i paid about $320 a tyre.

mate thats so cheap i bought bfg km2 & they cost me 379 each.

Latest posts

Back