Hankook RF10, Maxxis 771, Kumho KL78

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch92

Reaction score
G'day

I think I've decided I will be buying one of the above.

Just curious on people's opinions/experiences.

I currently have the maxxis so know what they are like, but am leading towards the kumho. Their first trip will be the cape in September.

Over to you

I have the Hankook Dynapros in a Light Truck construction.
Awesome tyre, quiet and has a deep 15mm aggressive tread pattern for an All Terrain.

Click the link below to see some pictures in my build thread.

From what I've been told I think the other two are a stronger tyre then the hankook. Size will be 245/75/16.

To be honest order I'm leaning is probably kumho, maxxis, hankook

Maxxis 771s on my nav,just over 50000 kms and very happy with them.they are a LT compound still get another 30000 out of em if you wanted to push em but I'll get rid of em in about 20000 and am seriously thinking about putting the maxiss on again.

Have used bfg, and from those experiences I won't buy them.

Mickey t I think are overpriced, and not in the size I want so no use.

Any other useful comments?

So I got prices

Hankooks will be $1595
Maxxis will be $1535
Kumho's will be $1435

And in honesty I'm still leaning toward the kumho's

Another vote for the Hankooks, have found them to be a great tyre, quiet on the road, bag out well on the sand, a great all rounder in my opinion. I have them in LT 265/75/16 and have 90k on current set, they are nearly shot and will be replaced with Hankooks again. Have a look on fleabay, saw the Hankooks there recently for $190 a tyre.

Cheers John

why not BFG or MickeyT ? they are the two best tyre manufacturers.

I too had BFG all Terrains, actually 3 sets.
When they first came out, with no side biters, I got 103 000 k's before one tyre de laminated, after that set they changed the compound and tyre wear was nearly reduced by half.

Don't forget that BFG tyre patterns have been around for over 30 years with bugger all change to them.

Newer tyres (brands) have the latest technology in rubber performance , design and grip.

I agree that MT's are overpriced and as I said above about the BFG's, they have been around for donkeys in the States.

So I got prices

Hankooks will be $1595
Maxxis will be $1535
Kumho's will be $1435

And in honesty I'm still leaning toward the kumho's

Mate your getting done with the Hankooks.

I paid $223 a corner for LT 265/70/16.
$892 for all 4, tyre disposal, rotated and fitted. They even pressure washed the blue paint so that the white writing was clean.

Try Jax Tyres, am sure you have them up your way.

I had the Khumos on my GU Patrol and they were great. Little bit of road noise but nothing compared to the Goodyear Wranglers I had on the GQ and they gave great grip off road and never let me down in the year I ran them and still looked pretty good when I sold the truck.

I paid around $1400 for six of them (had twin spare wheels on the back) from Blacktown (Sydney) about two years ago but the local dealer here in Newcastle wanted over $2000 for the same tyres. Went with the fella in Blacktown, saved myself $600 and then when I got there to have them fitted found Bob Jane had actually interstore shipped them from NEWCASTLE!! So they,were literally the same tyres the two branches were quoting me on!

Last edited:
Mate your getting done with the Hankooks.

I paid $223 a corner for LT 265/70/16.
$892 for all 4, tyre disposal, rotated and fitted. They even pressure washed the blue paint so that the white writing was clean.

Try Jax Tyres, am sure you have them up your way.

Sorry should have said that price is for 6 fitted & balanced.

Good to hear people happy with the kumho's.

Still don't know what to do just yet

6 Hankook Dynapros still come to $1338 fitted and balanced, not $1595.

I think the size is why it's more. I'm assuming you got 265/70/16's as opposed to 245/75/16's?

I will ring jax on Monday and see what they say

I have the Maxxis 771, 265/75/16 paid $199 a corner plus one spare, have never had any issues have used them on both my 4wd over the years great reliable tyre.

Back