Casper saying G'day

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casper

Reaction score
G'day,

I bought my D22 brand new in '05. It was purchased after my Surf blew up, the wife didn't want to risk our (her) money on another 2nd hand vehicle so I got a shiny new Navara!

Took it out and got it dirty straight away!

22454c47.jpg

Heading towards the Spanish steps in the Blue Mountains

Stockton31stJuly05035.jpg

Playing in the dunes at Stockton

After a couple of 4wd and camping trips I started upgrading bits:
- Uniden UHF
- Nissan Snorkel
- ARB canopy
- 2in Tough Dog suspension lift (which is rubbish, rear springs on my "Heavy Duty" leaf pack inverted, apparently I carried to much. Ride is harsh.)
- Black Widow drawers
- Opposite Lock Dual battery setup to the tray
- Twine Hot Water shower.
- Wrangler MTRs
- Replaced bash plate with 3mm aluminium plate

Not in that order... but you get the picture.

Since then I've done dozens of weekends in the Wattigans, Stockton and the Blue mountains. An extended weekend in the Vic High Country (that is fun) and just started tackling Yawal near Nowra... need new sidesteps now.

I really enjoy driving the Navara. I've found it to be a surprise package offroad. I've made it places on road tyres that lifted Hiluxs on 33in tyres can't drive. I've put it through a fair bit in it's life.

Been waiting a long time an Australian Navara site... Looking forward to it.

G'day Casper and welcome. Nice Navara you got there. This forum is starting to take off so enjoy!

Nice D22 Casper.

I see you have been to Stockton and the Wattigan's.

Where you from.

Dave.

Thanks Guys.

I used to live in Sydney but I moved down to Nowra with work. It's only for another 12 months or there abouts and then...?

Anyway it looks like this now.
mix173Medium.jpg

mix161Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Been a while since I've done anything to the Navara... worked out to be a good thing to as it looks like I'll need to upgrade... sidestep... downgrade... whatever. Got another mini Casper on the way and the current one is getting big enough.

After spending $350 to get a baby seat installed into the back, she out grew it, so I put in a bigger seat. Now My wife drives with her knees up around the glovebox. There's no way I could be a passenger while the child is in the back, I'm too big. So it goes with out saying that there's no way I could have a child seat behind me as well... so the Navara has to go.

I just finished off my roof console as well. Just got it installed - UHF and stereo wired in... dammit. I'll put up a post & some pics soon.

Welcome casper,
Nowra's a nice part of the world,
even though I'm from VIC.
Cheers

Back