NSW Muster Convoy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LLadnar

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, it's nearly time to play.
Was wondering what peoples plans where for heading to the muster and who would be interested in travelling in a convoy?
At the moment Old Tony and I look like teaming up to start traveling up on Wednesday to arrive on Thursday anyone from Sydney or from further north that would like to team up on the way would be cool.
NathenD22 when you heading? We could meat you at Heatherbrae on the highway.
Nevyn your from Port Mac yes? &
Bravobrad at Coffsharbour yeah?

Anyone is welcome more the merrier
Let us know

I`m still a maybe at this stage, have taken the time off but still trying to purchase a house. but if all turns out ok i`m happy to convoy it up and assist in any way.

good idea brad
we , as you know will be arriving at janowen monday arvo,using it as our base while we spend a couple of days visiting rello's
so we will see you there
have a safe journey

lol i tried this for the Victorians , haven't had a bite . looks like ill be the only Mexican there !!!

Don't worry Steve, there weren't many Victorians that wanted to go to last year's Muster (which was IN Victoria).

Brad, we'll be heading up the New England. Overnight stop should be just north of Glen Innes with a modestly early departure on Thursday morning to get to Janowen Hills hopefully by mid-morning.

Officially the Muster doesn't start until the next day (Friday). Thursday should be camp setup, making sure we're all going to be camped in the right place, then signage & bunting etc. I'll then go out and put the road side signs in and then assist with setting up the Gymkhana tracks. Thursday evening I have to go into Warwick and get the Bombshells - 12 blonde 19-year-old bikini-clad honeys that have offered to accompany us on our 4WD adventures*. Then it's dinner and relax for the official start of the Muster on Friday.

Having a few helping hands won't be a bad thing though - more time to catch up with me mates!

* I am just checking if everyone's reading.

Hi Brad,
I will be leaving on Tuesday at this stage and will be stopping at my sisters place at Nullamanna (in between Inverell and Glen Innes) over the years i have found it quicker, less traffic, no speed cameras or hwy patrol and the scenery much nicer going Bucketts Way through Gloucester then onto thunderbolts way and come out at Uralla on the New England But then i get straight off it again and keep going on Thunderbolts Way.

Maybe i can meet up with you guys near Glen Innes on the Thursday morning and finish off the trip from there?

Hi Brad,
I will be leaving on Tuesday at this stage and will be stopping at my sisters place at Nullamanna (in between Inverell and Glen Innes) over the years i have found it quicker, less traffic, no speed cameras or hwy patrol and the scenery much nicer going Bucketts Way through Gloucester then onto thunderbolts way and come out at Uralla on the New England But then i get straight off it again and keep going on Thunderbolts Way.

Maybe i can meet up with you guys near Glen Innes on the Thursday morning and finish off the trip from there?

with traceys family living in warwick we have done this trip plenty of times
thunderbolts via gloucester is a great drive and shorter
and less traffic
and better scenery
rejoin new england hwy at uralla

Sounds like the way we want to go too. It's about 60km shorter and we miss a few steep climbs - might save some fuel too.

its a much better trip that way, like you said less km, also less traffic and trucks and less speed limit changes.
Last time i went on the New England Hwy all i did was go from 50-60-80 back to 50 then 100 back to 70 all amongst the B-doubles :rambo:

We've climbed over Nowlands Gap (Liverpool Ranges) and Moonbi with the van attached and it's a slow process, watching the coolant temperature rise up over 110C. If I can avoid that I will!

We've climbed over Nowlands Gap (Liverpool Ranges) and Moonbi with the van attached and it's a slow process, watching the coolant temperature rise up over 110C. If I can avoid that I will!

Have you towed the van up the hill as you leave Gloucester (im not sure what the particular mountain is called)

Have you towed the van up the hill as you leave Gloucester (im not sure what the particular mountain is called)

thunderbolts way, walcha road
ben halls gap is the name of the climb
and yes its a very steep climb about 50 min north of gloucester
and a very nice view at the top
not sure of the elevation but its well over 1000 mtrs
i fried my brakes in a xd falcon coming down years ago
ended up smashing into bank to stop myself
very scary and a lesson well learnt

Last edited:
I've only travelled the road once (with the van) and didn't have a problem downhill, I usually go slow and engine brake anyway. I've never travelled north on that road.

One hill is better than two!

Ok, Me and Sparra are leaving Wednesday morning at 7am, heading up the New England Hwy and staying at Tenterfield for the night. hopefully meeting up with Nathand22 out of Tenterfield in the morning and heading to Janowen, hoping to be there by around 10am to start setting up the muster, Tony wont be to far behind us, believe his planning on making it to Glen Innes Wednesday night.

Sparra, had a look at caravan parks at Tenterfield and the Tenterfield Lodge caravan park looks good, $28 per couple a night powered site.

Last edited:
We can't leave until around 4pm anyway, so we'll probably find a rest area just north of Gloucester to stop for dinner (should be between 6-7pm at that point) then we'll just keep on going until we're at Glen Innes - I don't particularly care how late I stop, as long as I make it to that point. From there, it's about 3 hours to the Muster site, so if we can be on our way by 7am we'll arrive around 10am at the site and can get to work.

Here's a Google Map of the route we'll be taking. I've started it at Heatherbrae just north of the Shell servo. There's plenty of room to stop there, so anyone heading up from Sydney that wants to tag along is welcome to wait along there. If we see someone stopped we'll shout out (UHF15) and stop, if there's nobody there we'll just drive on following the thin blue line.

I reckon I went up that hill in my old Hiace camper many years ago. Had to drop down to 2nd gear, I got worried coz I thought "shit, I've only got 1 left and if that's not low enough, we'll have to try reverse"

Bloody steep.

I wouldnt climb that hill towing anything in the d22
If i did it would be low range and slow
But i might come home through gloucester
Hope you can meet us thurs am tony, what time u getting on road thurs ?
Cvan park sounds good brad, dinner at the pub?

Latest posts

Back