STX 550 Wiper blade Refills. What a F____n Joke..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chookc

Reaction score
Just rung Nissan to ask about wiper blade replacement refills. After 2 years mine are not wiping much away now and time for new ones.. Just changed the ones on the missus car 10 dollars from supercheap..

Nissan spare parts we don't sell replacement blades you have to buy the whole arm..
WTF how much.. 65 dollars each side..

I was like you serious. No thanks and hung up.
Went to local auto store and apparently now most new cars are the same you have to buy the whole wiper assembly if you want new rubbwers. They wanted 40 dollars each.

Anyone come across this before or have any suggestions as to avoid a 100 to 120 dollar wiper bill.

Really pissed off about this..

Sadly its true. Just thank your self lucky you don't have ero cars that stop been mad after 3 years.

It's been spoken about with D40's for a lot longer than the 550 has been around. Do an advanced search of the D40 section for something like "wiper blade removal" I'm sure there is atleast one thread where it's explained what to do with either replacement blades or another method that doesn't cost anywhere near as much as Nissan claim.

Mine are only 19000 old and already starting to play up on my st I'll be giving Nissan a list when i get in there for her 20k.

You want to try owning a VE Commodore too..

After many trials, it seems the only ones that properly work at the OEM's.. $90 and $75 for left and right... Thanks very much.

I do get 2 years out of them, so that's not bad.. I'd rather pay $15 from SCA though!

The ones currently on my Navara are CRAPOLA - I'd say previous owner went aftermarket and they are horrid..

When I bought my Navara in 2007 Nissan wanted $85 for the drivers side wiper.

I go to Costco and get complete heads for $10 a side and they arent crap they are GoodYear branded and do a pretty good job.

It SEEMS at first look that the blades don't come out.
Not true.
Just pull the arm off. Wet it all with lightly soaped water. At the end of the arm peel the rubber back and pinch the blade, pull it up and out. They take the 6mm metal backed blades(two strips of s/s held in place by two plastic clips. They have a rubber lock on the end.
Cut the new blade to size b4 fitting.
Wet the whole arm and new blade, peel the rubber back and slip the new blade in.
Actually one of the easiest blade replacements to do.
If you tear the rubber, and you won't, you haven't lost anything.
Buy replacement arms from auto parts for $25 trico.

This is news to me, I've never heard of this problem before.

The heads of my wipers come off, then I can remove the old blades just like I've always done since the age of the dinosaur.

Can any of you poor "have to replace the entire assembly" owners put some pics up, I find this incredulous.

I got stung at Nissan Blacktown. Told them on the 20k service the wipers needed replacing. They did the job and gave me a $190 bill for it. :) Told them I wasn't happy paying for it and they wiped the labor off component off but not the $75 per wiper price tag. Not happy....

I got stung at Nissan Blacktown. Told them on the 20k service the wipers needed replacing. They did the job and gave me a $190 bill for it. :) Told them I wasn't happy paying for it and they wiped the labor off component off but not the $75 per wiper price tag. Not happy....

Don't tell me that mines goes in soon for her 20g

I just replaced mine $58 for both sides ( heads only) brought from Mt Gambier Nissan, they are a different looking head then the original no hard plastic cover on them

I just replaced mine $58 for both sides ( heads only) brought from Mt Gambier Nissan, they are a different looking head then the original no hard plastic cover on them

I found this while searching before I stared a new thread, the replacements have 'VALEO' written on them, I figured for the price and being OEM they'd 1 be the same wiper and 2 have nissan written on them. Not to mention I asked for the old ones to be put in the tray (I keep most old parts to refurb later if I can) and didn't get them back.

Could we post pics of our replacements as I'd like to see if they fitted a cheap pair and charged me full price, the local dealer has an atrocious reputation for similar things.

I'll post pics of mine on Sunday arvo or Monday (camping and fishing weekend :) )

Seriously guys. You can peel back the rubber on the end and pull the blade out. You have to kind of roll it down with your thumb, hold it down then grip the blade with pliers n slide it out. it's a 6mm job from any auto parts store. $6 each.
Ive done my D40 and the 370z. Or the Trico head from any auto store $25each.
Screw Mr Nissan dealer.

Last edited:
Wiper Replacement

I got my complete arms from Repco.

They were complete arms and they also fitted Triton so we are not the ones with a problem.
They cast $43.98 for the 2.

The blades have silicone on them, you clean your screen then turn the wipers on for 5 minutes and it puts a film of silicone on the screen, works a treat in the rain.

Nissan do do a blade refill that needs to be cut to size. Its meant to fit the new dualis and pathfinders (10mm) blade. Ill get part numbers if people wish

Funny you say this i got mine replaced at the dealers and checked the Bill closely when i got Home and went off my Nut at the Price $80.00 fitted i blew a gaskett

Some have different clamping position. Instead of on the end they are on the middle. I just convert them to the universal arm available from covs for bout $25-$30

Yes please. I am in need of 10 mm blades for my stx, have the old ones out of the housing but cant find suitable replacement blades as yet.

Back