#Vic# Sat 6th or Sun 7th West Gippsland

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which day suits?

• Saturday 6th

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Sunday 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aido

Reaction score
Did a day trip yesterday with Navarian just nth of Walhalla. Sensational neighbourhood and keen to return so if anyone is interested I'm going back there weekend after next.
Will be an early start - looking at being in Walhalla by 8:30 - 9:00am and a return home when had enough.
The poll is there just to debate which day if anyone is interested. New members or old get into it. Its much more fun with others. See the sights and have delights.
Low range guaranteed but not interested in hardcore vehicle damage so once again another family friendly day out in the mulga.
Post up your interest. I'm going and it wont take much arm twisting to get Ian back there I know.

In so far
Sat
Self
Navarian (Ian)

Sun
Self - Yes I would do it 2 days in a row

Apologies from;
Jason - he lives too far away. Pffft leave now and you'll have time to kill!
Krafty

Some pics from yesterday

Early morning on our way up
Jan2010142Standarde-mailview.jpg

The D40 disappearing down a long steep downhill - commentary on his way down was good!
Jan2010143Standarde-mailview.jpg

At the bottom
Jan2010190Standarde-mailview.jpg

Last edited:
Aido is right that area is brilliant and there is hundreds of tracks and stuff to explore and if your into history there is quite a lot of it up around there. The Steakhouse at Rawson is also a good place for lunch.

The only thing you need to be weary of around there is motorbikes. Some of them are quite good but there is quite a number of them that just get out there and trash the bush and don't care about what is around them. Some of them on the tracks out there are downright dangerous and there have been many near misses because of the way they ride so be careful not to get any hood ornaments.

The pics are great, looks really nice.

The panorama pic on the bottom makes the D40 look like it has a bent chassis!

Cant find the add poll button - nevermind just let us know which day would suit you and the most votes for particular day will be it.
Krafty which day are you up for then?

Oh and we didn't see a single vehicle nor soul until we got within 5km of Walhalla.

Yeah thats the stitching - bloody smart little compact camera though - look closer and it even managed to produce 2 Navarians! I reckon even his missus would agree that one is enough :big_smile:

I'm really only up for weekdays and thats when I can get a baby sitter. I work most weekends and weekdays are the only days I can pull a sickie because I work for myself then.

I'd like to get up there but can't see it happening for atleast a month

Cant find the add poll button - nevermind just let us know which day would suit you and the most votes for particular day will be it.
Krafty which day are you up for then?

Oh and we didn't see a single vehicle nor soul until we got within 5km of Walhalla.

Added the poll for you.

Ha ha, bit out of my range at the moment, if I'm back down there (parents still live in Lakes Entrance) I'll definately catch up for a trip.

Actually Aido something I should have said ages ago. If you want info about tracks and stuff in Walhalla find a copy of last months 4WD action. They outline a few good places and a few historic sites, unfortunately it's not the most in depth article but it may give you some more ideas for the area. They too had problems with motorbike riders, although they were also silly enough to eat at Macca's in Moe so they might not be the best guides.

That was in the new camping advertorial which came free with the above mentioned 4wd'ing catalogue of expensive must haves.
Your right not in depth and bloody crap as a touring write up.
Although it was inspiration enough to head out there.
So enough Jibber Jabber who's coming with me? :big_smile:

Beautiful spot walhalla, was there yonks ago and would love to go back, but probably not in the next couple of weeks, too busy.
I also had to look twice at the d40.

That was in the new camping advertorial which came free with the above mentioned 4wd'ing catalogue of expensive must haves.
Your right not in depth and bloody crap as a touring write up.
Although it was inspiration enough to head out there.

Yeah it pointed out some good spots (and Moe isn't one of them) but didn't really list enough info to get you to and from there whilst having fun. The warning about the bikes and the one way tracks is worth noting though.

I also had to look twice at the d40.

Yet you still brought a D22. tsk tsk. :aetsch:

Yeah it pointed out some good spots (and Moe isn't one of them) but didn't really list enough info to get you to and from there whilst having fun. The warning about the bikes and the one way tracks is worth noting though.

Yet you still brought a D22. tsk tsk. :aetsch:

I was referring to looking at the bent d40 in the photo twice.

:big_smile:The D40 is fine,a few scrapes in the bash plates,the driver felt bent after sliding down that hill.

Couple more pics from the day.
Air down.
P1240044.jpg

Aido crossing Aberfeldy river.
P1240046.jpg

Climbing.
P1250047.jpg

Lunch time.
P1250048.jpg

You can count me in for the next trip,Saturday will probably be better.

Back