Meryla SF 10.08.13

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr1jz

Reaction score
Hi all.

Myself and a few others are headed down to Meryla state forest this coming Saturday.
We aim to be down there at 9am so we can do as much as possible.
If you would to tag along, sing out so we can organise a meeting point and so on as we have people leaving from the blacktown and campbelltown areas.

Regards, Brendan.

It will be our first time down there. More then welcome to join us.

It will be our first time down there. More then welcome to join us.

I will try and get there, which end are you going to start from? Mossvale? or from the NP office at Fitzroy Falls??
Were you planning on a particular route?

I think it was the moss vale side. I've never been in there before and I'm still getting used to the Hema.

Ok, i normally go in from the Mossvale end then work our way through to Fitzroy Falls, with a bit of zig zaging and back tracking in between, just depends on what the group im with want to do.
There are some great views off the escarpment looking toward Bundanoon on one side of the park and there are a few water falls on the other, not allot of low range 4x4 stuff in there but what is there isnt bad, it is mostly easy but there are one or two spots where not everyone i have been with will drive it.
So there are areas to get the blood pumping if you want to find them.

here is a rough map of the area that was on 4x4Earth forum,
I have never had any trouble in the so called "trouble zone" marked on the map, there was apparently a few farmers that were getting their paddocks torn up by 4x4's but i have never seen any sort of problems in that area with farmers or even who to see to get the "permission", so no disrespect but i just dont think its a must do and as long as common sense is used everything will be fine.

Last edited:
Yeah we are all fairly level headed so we should be fine.
Thanks for that map, with that and the Hema we should be fine. Aiming to be down there at about 9 if you can make it.

My son has soccer on Saturday, so i prob wont be able to make it unless i meet up with everyone a bit later.
how long were you guys planing on staying?

Probably be there most of the day Nathan.

Ok mate, his game will finish at 12;30 which is a bummer because every other weekend he has be the first game and is done by 10.
I got you PM and will try and ring when im close if i end up making it.

Channel 12 mate. Jeep club is out here aswell. Just did gun rock on the left side.

Gun rock is a bit of fun, did you stop and check out the falls just down stream from where you would of crossed the river before you climb up the hill to "gun rock" ?

what other areas did you get to?

Yeah mate. We parked the utes just about the waterfall and got some photos. Such a beautiful area. I've got it all logged on the Hema, just need to upload it.

It sure is and some great look outs, spewing i missed meeting up with you lot.
Did you make it out to the escarpment looking across the gorge to Bundanoon? (where the car has been pushed off the cliff)
what about Fitzroy Falls? did you drive out that way?

Nah we didn't find the escarpment. I have a feeling we took a wrong turn when we headed towards Fitzroy falls because we were on some tracks that didn't look like they'd been touched in 12 months.

I maybe up for the next trip, i do work every odd weekend so its a 50/50 chance. Any pics of your trip??

Back