Powerlines??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundy

Reaction score
Hey guys

Looking at going to mundaring again for a wheel, either this sunday or the next. Unconfirmed as yet.

Wanted to check out the other end of the power lines this time. (see attached) red line is what we did last time, blue line is the first part that i'm thinking this time.

Looking on google earth there's at least one decent hill climb and water crossing down that end, and if it's not challengin then it won't take too long to get through it.

If anyone else is keen for a drive all are welcome.

Attachments

• powerlines.jpg
    powerlines.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 89
actually i just got a text...

i'm best up for this sunday with next sunday being the dive weekend as a mates back from japan.

hopefully we can get it this weekend!

Rog is workin this weekend. Does your mate get in sat night or sun? If so we could go on sat instead

bugger,

he is back on the thursday i think in time for our diving group to leave for rotto friday or saturday morning since it was planned to be a camp over trip with getting back sunday arvo.

hmm...

i really really dont want to miss out on this because i properly want to try out the cruiser for once.

is there anyone else that'll be going or just us 3?

At this stage just the 3, will ask the g/f's bro also. Maybe a pm to matty to harrass him.
How about the following wekend? 13/14?

13/14th i wont be too sure about as i'll be starting tafe on the 8th and i have no idea of what he work load will be like.

i'd no doubt try to go during that weekend, but i'll try contact my diving buddies and see what the proper plan will be.

if its just going to be a few dives and then roasting on the beach then screw going, sunburn is the last thing i want since i haven't recovered from my bad bad burns.

another note, any ideas on where i can put a snatch strap onto the front of my car since they is no front recovery point? assuming i do get stuck which you all do assume, lol. i cant get recovery points mounted unless i get a new bullbar, LAME, but otherwise i only got the rear hook

Ok well i'm easy for what day so whichever you're more likely to make, either 6th, 7th 13th or 14th.
Rog and i will head out anyway so if you can make it then cool if not we can organise another in a few weeks.

Your best bet is to take a nissan so u don't need em :)
U really do need a proper rated point for a snatch, no where on the chassis u can put one? Thought it would have factory "tow points" like patrol/cruiser, if so maybe a bridle to spread load?
If not we can just make sure there is someone behind to pull you out backwards if need be, not sure if roger has front hooks either...

i'd have a front hook, but the current bullbar doesn't allow it (what kind of company engineers a bullbar for a 4wd so that front points cant be fitted? wtf?

but yeah, i've only got the rear 10,000lb hook so if i get stuck its going to be a case of being pulled out backwards and trying again to get past whatever is in the way.

though last time we went i think it was only me that needed to be pulled up the hill and out of the muck? everyone else seemed to get through most of it.

anyways, theres no mud or deep sand so i wouldnt say anyone needs a proper 'snatch' out, more like just towing someone through a bit of rough stuff or something thats steep.

still, i got to sort something out about the front end...

ok, i'm probably going to ditch the scuba group since 2 guys now cant go and i just found out the dive centre at rotto is now gone, so all gear has to be rented from perth and transported at cost to rotto, great...

and i dont think i'll get stuck at mundy, i today got myself a set of 5 35"x13.5" muddies hehe. the guy that bought them for his car found out they didnt fit! now hes selling them at around half price, $1500 WOO

Sweet as mate! So lock in the 7th? GF's bro seemed pretty keen also, although it would be another toyota... just going to make the nav look even better!!? Haha
Good deal on the mudz mate! You'll be walking over everything compared to last time

Roundy take your camera so we can catch these toyota drivers getting pulled up/out/over maybe all of the above :p Enjoy your trip and post pics!!

yeah, lock in the 7th

i'll be there with the cruiser and it should be looking good! i need to get the front springs reset as they're sagging a decent bit, so i may not have the massive muds on, but i'll try.

haha belle, we'll soon see whos on the end of my 5t rear recovery hook :p

Haha sure will Belle!
Looks like i'll be the only nissan so there'll be heaps of work to do! :happy_smile:

7th, this Sun is locked in! Where do you want to meet? Just meet in mundring and head from there?

Also any other w.a guys keen on a powerline trip??

meet at the same place? drive into that lill gravel section on flynn road and go from there?

pfft, you may be the only nissan, but i'm born a nissan driver stuck in a toyota truck haha

might not be able to get the big wheels on, lol, i need to shift the tray forward as my tyres are hitting step up's on the tray, plus gonna give the tray a 2 inch lift once its renewed tomorrow.

luckily i got skinny mudders XD

ws thinking by starting closer to mundaring, if we do the first section and it doesn't take that long/not very exciting, then we can just continue on. starting at the same place as before we would be heading back towards mundaring.. just a thought

hey fellas i really need to get out there again im going insane but ive got a beautiful baby girl and we are moving house and building a new one so cant complain to much ill keep an eye out for trips in the near future and hopefully i can sneak out one time have fun on sun and roundy take lots of photos pulling out the landy haha

maddog i will post a meeting spot b4 the end of week. looks like you will be getting a bit further this time! But i think I'm going to need a bigger snatch strap...

Matty Congrats on the girl! What's her name?
Will be getting out a lot more after march, will need some muddies by winter tho, will keep u posted

Hey guys,

I reckon we meet at the old servo on great eastern hwy across from cole rd
at 8:30 on Sunday, head off by 9.
Starting the powerline track from cole rd this time and do the whole length. Probably passing flynn an hr or so later if your late will be on the uhf all day.

Maybe hit mundaring pub on the way home for a cold one :big_smile:

All i could find about this end of powerlines is that it's pretty tame but just wanna see, there should be at least a couple of decent hill climbs down that way.

Remember everyone is welcome regardless of experience or vehicle, if you can make it, see you there.

Cheers

Attachments

• meetj.jpg
    meetj.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back