Diff bashplate for D40 STX 550 V6

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VillageSTX550

Reaction score
Does anyone know about one, or know who could make one? The issue with the V6 in the D40 STX 550 is that the diff sticks out massively, and I need to get some kind of protection for it.

Not that I'm close enough to help but I'm assuming its a rear one your looking for? Did hear they were running a larger front diff.....

Front you can get bash plates from tjm and many others. On my st I can't see my front diff.

Not that I'm close enough to help but I'm assuming its a rear one your looking for? Did hear they were running a larger front diff.....

Front you can get bash plates from tjm and many others. On my st I can't see my front diff.
Thanks for the replies,
It is indeed a rear diff bashplate I am looking for. I am already looking at a front bashplate from my local TJM.
The rear diff on the 550 is rediculously large due to the power of the V6 (it only comes in auto for a reason, no human could possibly keep the diff from burning out :) ) , it's got a larger heatsink and is just larger in general too. If you go over a rock, it's the first thing that's gonna be hit.

Last edited:
Should have bought a pathfinder, if your worried about diff smashing. The design of the rear diff on the st + means they get super hot that's why they have the heat sinks on the back so any cover will mean trouble. Just careful wheel place ment. And having the diff in the center makes that easier. The most you could do is make a slide plate.

Should have bought a pathfinder, if your worried about diff smashing. The design of the rear diff on the st + means they get super hot that's why they have the heat sinks on the back so any cover will mean trouble. Just careful wheel place ment. And having the diff in the center makes that easier. The most you could do is make a slide plate.
Did I mention we have one.....
Took it out camping with the family last time in between changing Navs(Got a great trade in deal for the STX 550 from just an older STX)
The pathfinder is great, just doesn't have the storage space of the ute.
After watching the navara muster trailer, I don't think any wheel placement in the world will save you there :)
Here's the pathfinder
DSCN0752.JPG

I'm also interested in a rear diff plate. , as I can see clearly what the issue is your talking about . Very vulnerable position . Perhaps a custom job may be required , but heat issues are a concern . I'm going to have a good look at mine tommorow and see if I can think of a design . I'm also going to ask the guy on eBay who makes custom bash plates for the 550 and see if he has any solutions .

I'm also interested in a rear diff plate. , as I can see clearly what the issue is your talking about . Very vulnerable position . Perhaps a custom job may be required , but heat issues are a concern . I'm going to have a good look at mine tommorow and see if I can think of a design . I'm also going to ask the guy on eBay who makes custom bash plates for the 550 and see if he has any solutions .
Send over a message if you get anything, I'd be happy to invest/trial.
@TigerST
I see your point with the slider, as it will still allow some airflow. I'd rather sacrifice a chunk of metal then the diff.

Yeah no luck with bashaaustralia on eBay , doesn't do them. I'm going to have a think about it tommorow when I look at mine

Did I mention we have one.....
Took it out camping with the family last time in between changing Navs(Got a great trade in deal for the STX 550 from just an older STX)
The pathfinder is great, just doesn't have the storage space of the ute.
After watching the navara muster trailer, I don't think any wheel placement in the world will save you there :)
Here's the pathfinder
DSCN0752.JPG

Sitting a little low in the rear. As long as you keep you wheels on the high parts should be good. Easier said then done I know. At lest with the nav's rear axle you'll be a little more stable

Did some looking around today at 4x4 shops nobody does them apparently . The general answer I got was they weren't needed diffs are tough lol but so are rocks : ) I can see that it wouldn't be hard to make a bottom slider plate for it that would clamp to the axle and clamp around the centre . Wish I was still working in a sheet metal shop as I have a design in my head that would work . Maybe a trip to your local sheet metal shop and you could get a custom job . Might be exy for a one off though

Did some looking around today at 4x4 shops nobody does them apparently . The general answer I got was they weren't needed diffs are tough lol but so are rocks : ) I can see that it wouldn't be hard to make a bottom slider plate for it that would clamp to the axle and clamp around the centre . Wish I was still working in a sheet metal shop as I have a design in my head that would work . Maybe a trip to your local sheet metal shop and you could get a custom job . Might be exy for a one off though
Got a mate that does metal working on excavator dump buckets, I'll check to see if it's possible for him to make something.

Sounds like you got a connection anyways . Mounting was the problem I seen , I was picturing a plate with some rolled steel type clamps on it . Plate and welding was easy part , I just don't have access to a sheet metal roller and a folder these days. Im not good at cad drawing so I wont post my crappy hand drawn design i came up with . I'll save myself the embarrassment hahahaha

Maybe try someone like "BUDS CUSTOMS" they make entire diff housings so a cover for one wouldnt be hard, they make some awesome gear.

Latest posts

Back