Suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk

Reaction score
hey everyone, sorry to bore you, but i have a couple of questions about suspension. my st is on order at the moment, prob will get it in march. i am going to be using it for work and will be towing about 2 tonne with a ball weight up to 3 tonne (not all the time). i know the stock suspension will not be up to task, so i need to beef it up. i am already getting a haymen reece load distribution tow kit with height adjustable hitch, and also need to toughen up the springs.
i have heard a couple average things about old man emu, is tjm any good? also are poly air bags any good? is a lift kit worth while?

james

I'm faced with a similar problem, and while I've heard reasonable things about Old Man Emu, I recall someone in this forum advising me to reconsider going down that path and considering air bags instead. I don't know why, yet.

My intention is to eventually have a fifth wheeler (400Kg load on the rear axle) with a genny and a number of fuel cans (say, potentially, another 200Kg) in the tub. When I'm not travelling, all that weight is gone - air bags may be the best solution but the details of why have not been explained to me, so my $ are sitting tight in my pocket for now.

I heard both TJM & OME are a bunch of rubbish.

The Adjustable tough dog shocks that I have would probably work ok, just firm them up when you have a load on and back em off when you don't. I don't play with them too often but they seem to work well

Hey guys

I'd give Ultimate Suspension in Sydney a call, i presented them with a similar problem and they were straight onto it with what they recommended. All seemed to make sense.

They recommended firestone bags for the rear for me as i wouldn't always be towing a heavy camper around, but when i am i wanted the correct sag. Haven't had a chance to install it yet but it'll be happening very soon.

I think you'll find if you're not always going to be towing or carrying a load, they will recommend bags.

Heavy duty springs will do the job but are a bit rough when the ute is empty.

Ridepro make custom rear springs if required, I have a set of there H/D leaf's with the addition of Boss Air Bags (Bellows Type) so replace the bumpstop. Works a treat for the my load carrying during the week then play and towing on the weekends. Also had adjustable Rancho shocks put in front and rear for that bit more comfort and adjustment.

thanks guys, appreciate the resposnes. when you guys get your lift kits, do you get tougher springs too?
what about a lift kit and airbags?

thanks fellas, this forum is realy helpful

james

thanks guys, appreciate the resposnes. when you guys get your lift kits, do you get tougher springs too?
what about a lift kit and airbags?

thanks fellas, this forum is realy helpful

james

I went for heavy duty springs, because of the weight I was carrying, but now I'm not carrying as much so they are far too harsh/stiff. It really is quite difficult to suggest a suspension package that suits all terrains, and driving styles because it is such a personal preference. And unfortunately you cant try before you buy. Unless can try some forum owners rides.

ta kingcab, so if i get heavy duty springs, it wont be as good for offroad?

Offroad you want soft raised springs,will also give good comfort on road (with quality shocks) but then you cant carry heavy loads.

Back