Front D40 tow hooks.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navarian

Reaction score
Factory D40 front tow hooks for Aus models are fitted on our passenger side.
I wanted one for the driver side as well but the hooks for Aus models curl the wrong way,if fitted to the driver side and you have to cut plastic to get them in.
I got hold of one from USA ebay that came off a LHD D40 Frontier.The hook are fitted on our driver side over there and curl back towards the centre of the front of the vehicle,like ours.Holes are already supplied in the chassis so it was a perfect fit.
Frontier hook.
P1290051.jpg

Fitted.
P1290053.jpg

I can now use an equalizer strap for safer snatching.
P1290054.jpg

:beer:

90 mm. Near the rear bolt is a enlarged slot so you could probably go 20 mm shorter than that but the bolt would not fit snug.You would need a big washer or or a bolt with a very large head to hold it.

have you seen the pics of what happens to the chassi when you snatch using those hooks?? might change your mind about using them ;)

have you seen the pics of what happens to the chassi when you snatch using those hooks?? might change your mind about using them ;)
Yes i have.
I've been snatched on just the one hook and it is fine,but it wasn't a hard pull.
I now have two for extra peace of mind.

I got hooks from Outback Ideas on order from TJM. Been waiting for a month for them :angry:

I don't think you can use those if you don't have a bull bar,like me.
Last time i asked about those at T JM Dandenong they said the guy was ill and wasn't making anything at the momment,but things may have changed.
I think someone posted about another brand on the forums maybe last week.Maybe procomp brand.
Might be worth looking at.

I don't think you can use those if you don't have a bull bar,like me.
Last time i asked about those at T JM Dandenong they said the guy was ill and wasn't making anything at the momment,but things may have changed.

I have a bullbar so they'll be OK. He is back making gear again because my local TJM store received a delivery from him last week. But my recovery hooks were not included in the delivery. Grrr.

Latest posts

Back