snorkel fitment on d22 with standard dual battery's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navaraowner

Reaction score
hi just wondering has anyone fitted a snorkel to a 2009 onwards d22 with the standard dual battery's . just been to local TJM store and they reckon that both the safari and airtec snorkels will not fit d22's with standard dual battery's also noticed on the Safari website they state in brackets the snorkel for this vehicle will only fit (single battery vehicles only)

Mate, pretty sure the genuine Nissan snorkel will fit (looks better IMO than the others you've mentioned). I have the 08 model and there is still plenty of room left for a second battery.

Cheers Brad

I have the 08 model as well, I have a genuine snorkel and I have fitted a dual battery to the same spot.

Hi there - already answered this in another post. I have an 09 Navara STr and have a snorkel fitted.- Genuine Nissan----( Airtec !! ) cost to supply approx $390 then fitting extra. Had mine fitted at TJM Penrith NSW.

I was in at ARB on Saturday enquiring about safari snorkels. He asked if it was 08 or 09 as they are different due to the dual battery set up.
He said they make a safari snorkel for the dual battery set up.

He also mentioned not to turn the safari snorkel head backwards as this creates a vaccum affect and causes the engine to work harder and also suck more dust in when in a dusty environment.
His words were 'never turn the head backwards'.

ARB's rrp is $635 fitted versus rrp $690 from nissan fitted. I'm sticking with the genuine as there will be a little less hassle come warranty time if something is to go wrong down the track. If they start seeing different brands on items they sell then it leaves the door open a bit to voiding warranties i guess.

As a side issue the storeman mentioned to me that the reason '09 model ST-R's come out of thailand with dual battery's is that larger batteries are not as commonly used in that country, so 2 batteries are needed instead of just 1 larger unit. Im following this up with a contact at Nissan head office.

The 09 with dual batteries uses the snorkel as previous 2.5 (possibly 3.0) without the battery. It uses an intermediate pipe that runs inside the guard to the air duct pickup point fitted as standard and does not fit directly through the guard to the air cleaner.
Only difference is - as indicated by the poor quality photocopied instructions - is that in previous models you did not have to remove the second battery during fittment nor do you have to contend with getting the indicator terminal past the ABS controller.
TJM and ARB etc may have a direct connection to the aircleaner housing but I cant see that as being a problem unless it has been relocated a few mm rearward to fit the second battery.

Latest posts

Back