opinions on cooper stt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyb

Reaction score
just wondering who runs cooper stt's and what are your opinions on them?
i was originally going to go with the st maxx being quoted roughly 350 each but have now found a guy on ebay selling 265/75/16 cooper stt for 260 each.

how many klms have you gotten out of them?
how loud are they?
would you get them again?
what are they like in the wet?

also anyone with bfg a/t or the cooper st maxx's, what are you opinions on them? what would you recommend?

cheers!

I have BFG KM2's, I have had them on a Pathfinder and now the Nav and like them.
They go anywhere, pretty loud but i have done 30k kms on them and they are still about 70-80% tread left.
Interested in hearing about the STT's as well

I had them on my truck in Dubai and 100% loved them. Great in sand and tough as old boots. Also look really good (although I'm sure that's not a factor):

how many klms have you gotten out of them? 40k when I sold the truck and still going strong
how loud are they? They were noticeable on asphalt but not as bad as the Khumo KT31s I had on my patrol
would you get them again? Ooooooh yes! If I could afford them, Coopers are very expensive in Aus in my opinion
what are they like in the wet? Dunno, it never aimed over there.

I had them on my truck in Dubai and 100% loved them. Great in sand and tough as old boots. Also look really good (although I'm sure that's not a factor):

how many klms have you gotten out of them? 40k when I sold the truck and still going strong
how loud are they? They were noticeable on asphalt but not as bad as the Khumo KT31s I had on my patrol
would you get them again? Ooooooh yes! If I could afford them, Coopers are very expensive in Aus in my opinion
what are they like in the wet? Dunno, it never aimed over there.

sounds like you rate them highly?
majority of the time im driving on the roads and thats why i was looking at the all terrains but with the stt's at 260 each im probably just better off going with them and putting up with the extra noise and what not. more interested in the elms compared to other tyres more than anything though!

I am currently running st maxx on my nav and I love them I even kept up with my mates that had full MUDs on a very wet weekend at LCMP without to many troubles and great on the road and beach but also interested in hearing about the stt as I'm considering them for my next tyre

I am currently running st maxx on my nav and I love them I even kept up with my mates that had full MUDs on a very wet weekend at LCMP without to many troubles and great on the road and beach but also interested in hearing about the stt as I'm considering them for my next tyre

havent heard many bad raviews about the st maxx's!

just out of interest how many klms have you done with them and how the tread looking?

They were on it when I brought the car I have had them for over a year and done about 25000km and they have worn really well considering I have given them a bit of a hard life

ran stt's didn't like them" chip very easy and dangerous on the wet tar not good when your trying to go round a roundabout and you keep going straight. couldn't wait to get them off. I have ran stt's,fc-11's and mickey mtz's and wouldn't buy any of them again, others will say different

I had coopers ATRs on mine. Awesome tire wear i got near 80k out of them.

great on the beach but did let me down a little on the mud but in saying that they were mainly road tires so i had to expect that.

Now because i was a tight ass i brought linglong and they have surprised me. If you have the cash go for it you will bot be disapointed.

ran stt's didn't like them" chip very easy and dangerous on the wet tar not good when your trying to go round a roundabout and you keep going straight. couldn't wait to get them off. I have ran stt's,fc-11's and mickey mtz's and wouldn't buy any of them again, others will say different

I had ST's on my Jeep and although the wear rate was great I found the same as you that they chipped a fair bit, wet weather grip was sort of ok for such a hard compound and off road performance was very good, noise was ok too but I'd imagine STT's would be noisier.

Just spoke with some one who has them and he said not again terrible on wet tar and you have to drive accordingly. He has a land cruiser and his mate with same car has the ST/MAXX's on his and was able to go everywhere the STT's went no problem.

i have st maxx. downside is braking distance, it takes while to stop. i saw from 4wd action magazine comparo between majority of tyres and st maxx had greatest braking distance out of all. even worse than muddies. rather than that its all good. quite, goes well on sand, mud, dirt and rocky surface.
i was going to get muddies initially but after i heard from mates how noise they are and they dont perform well in sands, i decided to go with st maxx.

I've been running the STTs for four years now (all year round) and have approximately 40-45,000kms on them. When fresh their noise level would compare to an A/T, now they are a bit noisier but it has proven that noise level greatly depends on asphalt quality. Keep in mind the aggressive tread.

Overall I've used them in sand, mud, grass, and of course tarmac, I'm really happy with them and they seem to hold much better than the BF Goodrich A/T and KM I had on my previous truck. Both BF tires I had in the past developed light cracking on their sides after nearly 1-2 years, while the STTs don't have that much cracking at 4 years!

Traction on dry or wet tarmac with STTs is sooo much better than the KO A/T & KM.
With both BF tires I needed to switch to 4x4 as soon as it started raining and the road was greasy (that terrible feel when it's only rained a bit and the soot from exhausts and tires is turning into an oily substance that can send an unwary driver into the side-road ditch). I've been cautious ever since in light rain but never had any drama with the STTs.

Oh, I've always taken good care of my tires, checking tire pressures at least monthly (35 PSI according to car manufacturer to 30PSI to my tire service store) and rotating them about every 10,000km. I'm told that they still have 1-2 years before they need replacement.

Now, the Cooper S/T Maxx seems like a very nice tire too, I've read many good reviews, what surprised me was that Cooper states in their website that the STT in terms of noise level, dimension 285/70R17 gives 74dB, whereas the S/T Maxx 77dB (and is not as aggressive as the STT).

Latest posts

Back