Mounting Fridges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
I have a Weaco fridge/freezer and looking at how to arrange our camp gear in the ute to make best use of the space. I used to keep the fridge on the back seat but with the arrival of our second kid that isnt an option any more.

I have a simple question: Is there any reason I have to mount the fridge upright (with the lid accessed from the top). Could I mount it on its side so that the door is facing towards me and opens up/down?

I've never seen anybody mount one on its side before so presume there is a good reason why not, but the only silly question is one not asked so I thought I'd ask because if I can lay it on its side it would make space configuration work much better because it could be mounted higher up and my homunculus of a wife could still reach stuff inside.

Those fridges can tolerate a fair bit of tilt unlike the old 3 way which had to be 99% level but it carnt run on it's side the waecos and engels used in vans like a normal fridge have the compressor the other way around.

As said, it all comes down to what position the compressor has to be.

Portable step? There is a nice German made folding step that will give her a foot lift, or a small step ladder. One with a curved handle on top for balance.

Ive got an 80 Ltr in the back of my D22, but we spent the extra cash and bought a slide for it to mount on. Only thing i need to do is put a box around it so when i slide it out all the camping gear dosent fall in the hole.(also have a canopy)
My wife is 5ft.....1 (apparently). If shes hungry she work out how to get the food out.

Latest posts

Back