factory steel bar recovery points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter ST_R

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone use the recovery eyes in the factory steel bar? The mounting of the bar looks a bit weak to me and I wonder if using them would pull the bar loose.

Cheers

Do you mean the holes in the big U shaped brackets that hold the bar to the chassis? If so I have snatched from them no worries.

Do you mean the holes in the big U shaped brackets that hold the bar to the chassis? If so I have snatched from them no worries.

Jason

No not those points, I mean the ones at the bottom of the bullbar channel on the steel factory bull bar. The steel bar mounts through the points which you mentioned.

Cheers

This is a pic of under my steel factory bar, which spot? the holes toward the front there?

Attachments

• R0013207.jpg
    R0013207.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 300
theres no such thing as a factory bar as such. nissan buy from multiable manufactures and slap their name on it.

install some proper hooks into a decent location. i wouldn't trust pulling from a front bar.

if its what im thinkn of then used it heaps of times but i duno how much longer it would have lasted...the bullbar mounts are rubbish. mount some to the chassis properly

This is a pic of under my steel factory bar, which spot? the holes toward the front there?

yeah, the ones at the front there. Thanks for the photo roundy, helps clear up which points heaps.

Cheers

Last edited:
if its what im thinkn of then used it heaps of times but i duno how much longer it would have lasted...the bullbar mounts are rubbish. mount some to the chassis properly

Joshy

Already have hooks on the chassis which I use. I was thinking the points on the bullbar mounts are a bit easier to get to and just wondered if they were good to use too.

Cheers

Iv used the stock eyelets on my car plenty of times before and all with no dramas, although you can notice it now that it is bent like crazy. Iv also got the aftermarket hooks i have bought, i just need to install them.

Latest posts

Back