2005 model factory bull bar fit on a 2008?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2008 D22 Navara Dual Cab and have been offered a near new Factory bull bar from a 2005 model of the same car, I am 99% sure it will fit straight on, can anyone give final confirmation for me?

Thanks in advance.

yes it will. but an ARB bull bar or similar would be better as they have better mounts. my nissan bull bar seems to drop down and make a gap between it and the body as the mounts are poorly designed... but if your getting it cheap, id go the nissan

Id check the part number with Nissan. I am pretty sure it wont be a issue, but the last thing you need is to crash and then your insurance company walk away.

Dave.

Hi guys,

Checked all the part numbers and the BB is even marked airbag compatible. Picked it up this morning and fitted this afternoon, the guy had all the bolts and brackets that came off it which was great.

One thing missing, there is no way to hook up the in-bar indicators/parkers. Looking at it I can only assume there should be a couple of short looms, plug to plug, that join between the plug on the light pigtail on the in-bar lights and the existing indictors/parkers on the truck. Am I right?

May have to ring Nissan and see if I can get a couple.

I missed this thread.

My Nissan bar was fitted from new and he bar lights are tapped into the parkers and blinkers via scotch locks.

A rather crappy job i my opinion.

I rang Nissan and they confirmed that the BB is supplied with two looms, plug one end and bare wires the other. I could purchase them but I would have to buy the complete indicator sets. Typical.

I have just rewired them myself now and tapped into the indicators/parkers as Laith said. A little better than scotch locks though.

Hey guys, same topic :dong:

I just want to check that I have installed the BB correctly, everything looks straight just need someone else with the factory BB to confirm for me.

The section I am worried about is the bottom bolt/mount. As per the photo I have attached (Driver side) from left to right I have: BB bracket, spacer, spacer, chassis mount, with a bolt going through the whole lot.

If some one could confirm that would be great, If I have it wrong or you need more info please let me know.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_2136 [1024x768].jpg
    IMG_2136 [1024x768].jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 167
Hi Dave,

Thanks for going to the trouble mate. Your's looks to be a different set-up, not sure if it's because of the year model of the truck or because you have the steel BB and mine is the alloy.

My neighbour has a factory alloy BB on his 05 STR and his uses different brackets/mounting arrangements to mine as well.

thanks for all the photos they are really helpfull i am also having trouble finding out how to bolt my brackets onto the car. how many brackets are there the two main ones, a couple of square spacers and two other washer type rectangular piece. Is that it?
thanks

I will put the ute in the garage today and grab some pics.

Its still raining, grrrr. So shed it is.

Dave.

thanks for all the photos they are really helpfull i am also having trouble finding out how to bolt my brackets onto the car. how many brackets are there the two main ones, a couple of square spacers and two other washer type rectangular piece. Is that it?
thanks

That sounds about the same as what I got. In total it would be:

1 Alloy BB
2 Huge brackets (for BB to chassis)
2 Weird u/rectangle shape spacers with two holes in each (1 goes between each Huge bracket and chassis)
4 Square spacers with hole (put 2 together and put between bottom of huge bracket and lower chassis tab.)
About 10 bolts.
Flat black plastic piece for between bottom of BB and to chassis.

^^^ Thats how I put mine together anyway.

Here is a picture of the parts I received when I got the BB second hand, the large L shaped brackets are touching so their shape is a little deceiving and the 6 spacers & bolts are in the plastic bag. I dont think the flat black plastic piece on the right is part of it either, well I had it left over lol.

Attachments

• P1030786.JPG
    P1030786.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 68
  • P1030787.JPG
    P1030787.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 70
  • P1030789 (2).JPG
    P1030789 (2).JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 85
Cmon guys, someone must have a factory alloy bar they can confirm for me???

Pleeeasseeeee!!!! lol

Your like a woman :girl_wacko:

Attachments

• 23042009(003).jpg
    23042009(003).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 23042009(009).jpg
    23042009(009).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 23042009(005).jpg
    23042009(005).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 74
Haha, thanks Laith, you've confirmed that mine is installed wrong.

Will fix it up. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back