my new rear bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camo.b

Reaction score
so on saturday i had a few hrs to spare.so i decided to build a new rear bar/infill panal...i come from a car body building background so i like smooth and clean..it offers no protection but it will hide the modded towbar which slots up into the back bar and hides behind the numberplate,,.plate pivots so you can access the 50mm tube for the towbar... took a few hrs,its pretty solid and has some 10mm thick recovery points built in....its not finnished as yet but you get the picture.might add some small horizontal tube overiders to cover the lower rear of the tub and a small tube step....any thoughts?

Pics
ynysygu7.jpg
qusu3u2y.jpg
yhymaqyt.jpg

it certainly looks good, but dont' think it gives much of rear protection though. (although you did mentioned on your post) if isn't going protect rear i don't see the point of having rear bar imo it's just extra weight

Yer I had the stock chrome one on there and kept hitting it on departure..tore the rear step off and the towbar got nicknamed anchor. ..I'm mostly in the sand so I don't need too much protection.I'm hoping to smash it in one day so I'm forced to do a guard chop.its only got 80tho on the clock and taking the grinder to the body makes me nervous.

With the right strengthening you could add the swing away carriers for wheels etc it really does look allot better then the kaymar bar I believe, although I'd look into some more protection if I s to part with bills

Last edited:
That is the bollox!! It might not be functional (protection wise) but it looks fantastic!! Just wish I had the skills to do something like that.

YBOD...Welder,grinder and some measuring equip....quick paint and your done...heavy wall pipe so its easy to weld too.pretty quick and easy.
I might either add to this on or do another.wheel carrier would be good for my trip coming up.takes 5 mins to bolt it up...no mods required

that looks nice and neat! wouldn't mind pictures of the hitch, is it a standard hitch or did you fab one up yourself? i'd like to get my hitch point much higher than factory.

Redoing the mounts tomorrow night.it's lowest point will be the bottom of the new bar no lower....total destruction for the lower quarter panals!!!!

Cheers for that...few mods to go then sliders and a front bar..since I crushed som of the front plastics on the last trip

Loving the rear bar mate, it really gives me ideas!

Grab the welder and some pipe and go for it....if you need some prelim measurements let me know.i always make templates and keep measurements incase anyone whats one made,but happy to share here.

That's pretty nice scotty...I was hoping to go around the sides with mine but my bender is a peice of crap...more of a tube crusher...I don't understand how some of the big companys make some really nasty looking parts...there is a few good looking one's (ours included) some that are super functional but just plain ugly..takes some skill to combine them both.

Back