Beaudeset exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the beaudeset 2.3/4" exhaust on the v6 yet? I got a quote $1265 + $400 to fit includes new dump pipe & high flow cat, I had one of theirs on my 3 lt patrol and it made big difference, a lot smoother and more crisp, was worth it on the patrol but was also a bit cheaper a few yrs ago. Any feedback would be good.
Cheers

Does it need to be that brand? I found them very expensive

No any feedback would be good on any brand, but I have got a quote from Scott's rod they only do engine pipe back $500, but as I said the one & only experience I had with their ( beaudeset) system was excellent.

Last edited:
i dont have a 550 v6 so i cant comment on the OP
however i bought a 3' today, a friend is picking it up for me in orange it cost me $600
I have no idea where from i can ask thou,
I suggest looking around :) A few hours drive might save you a few hundres of dollars!

I have a frient with a heavily modded SR5 Hilux who brought a baudesert exhaust and was pretty dissapointed as it sounded no better than stock and he felt bugger all gains

Forgot to add Iam on my way through Melbourne this week then through to Sydney and will be back into qld next Wednesday so any other recommendations & feedback would be appreciated, their was someone on here that had a redback system but doesn't seem to be much feedback on it
Thanks

Hi fitted a Beaudesert to my 550 a month ago certainly improves responce and spools quicker, shortly after fitted TD-Tuning Chip & K&N air filter reduced fuel consumption approx 1.2 - 1.6L / 100kms, more horses far more responsive.

Would recommend Beaudesert exhaust, costs a lttle more but these guy know their stuff.

Hi fitted a Beaudesert to my 550 a month ago certainly improves responce and spools quicker, shortly after fitted TD-Tuning Chip & K&N air filter reduced fuel consumption approx 1.2 - 1.6L / 100kms, more horses far more responsive.

Would recommend Beaudesert exhaust, costs a lttle more but these guy know their stuff.

what does it sound like mate? I'm worried it being too droany with the auto?

I also noticed a fair few red back systems for them as well? anyone got any thoughts on those???

Cheers mate, Iam leaning towards them. I am waiting for a call back on the roo exhaust and Robert from chiptuning told me that he didn't know of any full exhaust system's for the 550 yet.

Last edited:
Does it need to be that brand? I found them very expensive

you get what you pay for and beudesert research and develop their pipes that's why you get such excellent results from the extra money you spend just remember this is something your going to keep for a long time

Has anyone fitted the beaudeset 2.3/4" exhaust on the v6 yet? I got a quote $1265 + $400 to fit includes new dump pipe & high flow cat, I had one of theirs on my 3 lt patrol and it made big difference, a lot smoother and more crisp, was worth it on the patrol but was also a bit cheaper a few yrs ago. Any feedback would be good.
Cheers

have you considered doing it yourself that's a good saving all you need is someone to help who has a little bit of knowledge and a good set of sockets that have a hex head that's a must.

Ok finaly done it, after a few more quotes roo exhaust fitted $1900 no chip, taipan the same, Tweed Heads exhaust for redback exhaust & tunit chip $2280 fitted, so I ended going with the redback system & a tunit chip $2050 fitted this was done by Lindsay from Caboolture exhausts, it was only fitted today so I will give some more feed back after I get a few more k's with it on, but what can tell at the moment is that I have just driven 17500 km around Australia without it on and my fuel economy was anywhere between 16.8 - 24 lt/100 but mostly sat around 17.5 lt/100 towing 2ton 18ft off road pop top, after leaving Caboolture today to Marybrough I got 14.5 - 14.8 lt/100 still towing, fuel up there and from there to Apple Tree Crk where I have pulled up for the night I got 16 lt/100 this is all by the trip computer, so there a definite saving as well it pull through the hills better, will post more later.

Update;
Took the van off and took the car a run I had to reduce to level 3 because when I held it flat to the floor anything higher then 3 car would stall for a second through gear changes, Lindsay is looking into it for me.

Last edited:
Update;
Took the van off and took the car a run I had to reduce to level 3 because when I held it flat to the floor anything higher then 3 car would stall for a second through gear changes, Lindsay is looking into it for me.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for Lindsay to get back to me, so went to opposite lock yesterday and they changed some settings as advise from Tunit still the same, I rang Tunit today and they give me some more different settings took them back to opposite lock to put in still the same, level 1 to 3 good anything above and car stalls for about second on all gear changes this only happens when u hold it flat to the floor and rev it out, in normal driving the changes are ok. Has anyone had similar problems ?

Tunit chip

Ok final update for chip, still having issues with stalling through gear changes ( on settings above 6) not as bad but still doing it after 5 different tunes, have fitted a snorkel but now Tunit suggest fitting a k & n filter it may fix the problem because of air flow restriction? But I can't afford to spend any more on a maybe, so I guess it's either live with it or remove it, but had I known there were some issues with some 550's I would not of brought it, so in my opinion it was $1240 wasted! By the way the tunes were set by opposite lock rockhampton they were only too willing to help even though I didn't purchase it from them.

Last edited:
Mate if its not doing what its suppose to, get your money back.... if it needed a kn filter to work it should come with one. Personally I think the oil in the filter will foul the air flow sensor and be more trouble than its worth particularly off road. stick with paper filter. if it doesn't work as described you can get a refund.

Mate if its not doing what its suppose to, get your money back.... if it needed a kn filter to work it should come with one. Personally I think the oil in the filter will foul the air flow sensor and be more trouble than its worth particularly off road. stick with paper filter. if it doesn't work as described you can get a refund.

I have spoken with Lindsay today, he is going to talk with Tunit and if we can't get it sorted I can get refund

It's got more than enough grunt standard mate rather than play with it keep it standard if you stuff injectors there is big money pull it out and get a refund.

Latest posts

Back