Any waterski/wake boarders among us?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane75

Reaction score
Hi all,I love waterskiing with family and friends as often as I can over the warmer months and was just wondering if and where any of the forum members ski'd

Last edited:
hey Shane, I try to get out as much as I can in summer as well. Have a couple of mates with boats and we head to Atkinson Dam or down the Coomera river if we're keen for a short trip. where do you go??
Brett

hey Shane, I try to get out as much as I can in summer as well. Have a couple of mates with boats and we head to Atkinson Dam or down the Coomera river if we're keen for a short trip. where do you go??
Brett

Hey Brett,I ski mainly at lake kurwongbah but we do at least one 3-4 day trip to somerset every year.ive got an 8 yr old son who's keen on wakeboarding.

I've never heard of lake kurwongbah , just googled and had no idea it was there. I live at the gold coast but my misses family live in Samford, might have to go check it out one day.

Atkinson is good, but is really open and gets choppy with any kind of wind. we generally get a wakeboarding in early in the morning when it's calm then when the wind picks up, throw people around on the tubes then wake again in the arv when the wind drops off again. the shape of lake kurwongbah looks like you'd be able to find some nice protected spots with flat water

Used to ski a fair bit and was just getting my wake to wake jumps sorted on the board when space and money forced me to sell my boat 1.5years ago. Used to go down to north pine river and out to summerset for weekends

I've never heard of lake kurwongbah , just googled and had no idea it was there. I live at the gold coast but my misses family live in Samford, might have to go check it out one day.

Atkinson is good, but is really open and gets choppy with any kind of wind. we generally get a wakeboarding in early in the morning when it's calm then when the wind picks up, throw people around on the tubes then wake again in the arv when the wind drops off again. the shape of lake kurwongbah looks like you'd be able to find some nice protected spots with flat water

It is a small lake and you have to be a member to ski on it.i think it is a 10 year plus waiting list,any more than 5 boats at once and it's pretty crowded.there is a rowing club as well and some of the lake is only for there use.i'm lucky my neighbour is a member and mad keen skier.

I have not been for a ski or board for 10 years or so, I used to teach blind and disable to ski aswell as first timers, was a sweet gig

I started wakeboarding last year...slowly getting there. .always have a ball though..
Id like a nice ski boat, but at the moment Ive got a retro 60's bellboy

Yep got a jet ski and mate and my uncle both have boats! Usually go to my uncles at lake eppalock (here in vic) or greenslake! Hoping to get up to echocardiogram this year. I only have a young family and the kids absolutely love it!

Yep, we'll I used to. I've had a couple of boats over the years but sold them when I expanded the business each time. I can't do it now with my back injury and it sucks. We used to ski at the hazel wood poundage during winter as the water is 30 degrees and would shi at lake eildon or waranga basin over summer. The good old days

Yep, we'll I used to. I've had a couple of boats over the years but sold them when I expanded the business each time. I can't do it now with my back injury and it sucks. We used to ski at the hazel wood poundage during winter as the water is 30 degrees and would shi at lake eildon or waranga basin over summer. The good old days

Geez...30 degrees is pretty warm Scotty,be nice in winter.bad luck with the back keeping you off the skis mate.

We have been skiing for over 20 years in my family and we try and get out as much as we can when its warm. Places to ski here in the West are getting few and far between, we go to a place call Lake Towerrinning. Its a great place to go, its about 3 hours for Perth and very hard to get in in peak seasons as they only let a limit of boats on the water..
Here is a pic of the boat hooked up to the Nav..

Shawn :rock:

Attachments

• 124354-32BD1853-1869909-960.jpg
    124354-32BD1853-1869909-960.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 82
My Dad and I went halves in a Camero earlier this year. It'll mostly be around Wellington and Swan Reach, and sometimes at Willowbanks.

No pics of it behind the D22 yet.

Attachments

• 1094015_10151546860535544_426416894_o.jpg
    1094015_10151546860535544_426416894_o.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 76
been around boats most my life, never owned one till last season, loving it! bought an American import Malibu flightcraft, bit long in the tooth n could use a good spruce up but I said right from the start, it was not gunna turn into another money pit lol. got an uncle in Dennie on the Edwards, sister in laws got a van in Tocumwal, and my sister lives in Mildura so a boat was always inevitable. BTW we make everyone else out on the water look good haha

Last edited:
Been skiing for a few years now. Just upgraded our boat to a 2006 Centurion T5 imported from the US. Was out in it today but no waterskiing in Jindabyne yet with the water temp of about 8 degrees!

Latest posts

Back