Water over bonnet honours..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLID D22

Reaction score
Post pics of your nav doing a water crossing lets see who has the most guts and who has gone the deepest.

Iv had the bow wave splash one third up my windscreen, these pics are the deepest crossing iv encountered before my suspension lift.
Its at King river, not far from lake william hovell.

Cheers,
Try keep it to decent crossings, not streams.

You went in a bit quick on that one Solid / Excellent Pic

This is deep enough for me.
Nolans Brook / cape york
23navcapeyork2.jpg

Here is another of my mates jeep through the same crossing
jeepcapeyork.jpg

Cheers Guys

Was that the last time you washed it?:big_smile::big_smile:
Have had a bow wave over the bonnet in one of those mud holes out in Wombat - it was of course the one I didn't check for depth first! Ange was pissing herself laughing while I'm seeing dollar signs as I grabbed reverse and got the hell out of it before any damage was down and the water rushed back in.
Picked up a snorkel tonight though so standby for action!

On with the show. I'm interested to see where others have been too.

Looks like that jeep does not have a snorkel?
And yes nav pilot i hit it a bit harder because the current was wanting to push the car downstream, but it also was my first deep river crossing so iv learnt not to panic.

Looks like that jeep does not have a snorkel?
And yes nav pilot i hit it a bit harder because the current was wanting to push the car downstream, but it also was my first deep river crossing so iv learnt not to panic.

Yes . The jeep didn't have a snorkel, his air filter was a bit drenched after that one.
And yes he should of had one. He hit the water a bit quick to.
Luckily he escaped without doing any damage.

Its a weird feeling when you do your first deep one, I know what you mean about panic.

Cheers

:dong::dong:

Eeeeeeek. I'm still a baby novice when it comes to crossings like that. Besides the obvious snorkel, do diffs and clutch etc need any prep or mods to handle deep water?

Thanks for advice,

Hoo Roo

Nolans Brook, Cape York, June 2008

Nolans Brook, Cape York, June 2008
peter-st_r-albums-pics-picture388-otl-nolans-brook2a.jpg

peter-st_r-albums-pics-picture389-otl-nolas-brook3.jpg

Took ages to work out how to post pics! Hope you like them.

Cheers

This is the deapest i have gone (not even close to over bonnet I know), I havent found anything deeper in our travels yet. Probably not too much shallower than some of the other pics, just mine was nice and slow without the bow wave. The top of my bar is 800mm off the ground, so thats about how deep it was.

Last edited:
haha yeah. Mate with 6" lifted patrol had gone in prior and got stuck aswell. he didnt hook a strap up tho. 2 very wet interiors after. base is really soft sand just dug holes.

i wouldn't have the balls to attempt any of these crossings yet. Thats just crazy

hey joshy, is that your nav blowing that smoke after u got pulled out. does that normally happen with deep crossings or did you just get a bit of water in ur exhaust cos u will pulled out backwards

not normally, bit of water in the exhaust i think, it didnt stall so it cant have got too far up there

You went in a bit quick on that one Solid / Excellent Pic

This is deep enough for me.
Nolans Brook / cape york
23navcapeyork2.jpg

Here is another of my mates jeep through the same crossing
jeepcapeyork.jpg

Cheers Guys

I must say,
that the first shot here,
which you have also in the slide show but it is
cropped, a little zoomed in and with just that covering of water over the bonnet
is my favourite on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back