DIY rear bar D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
I wasn't too keen on paying the guys at ARB over $1000 for a new rear bar after I bent up my standard bar, so when we were quiet t work I got my tradesman to knock me up a new one. We used 40nb gal pipe, and i tried to keep it as small as i could to try and stop it looking too big and bulky. It may not be everyones taste, but I don't mind it.

Here it is all tacked together, ready for powdercoat. The white bit is a new stainless panel that we had to make to fill the void left by the lack of original bumper.

sdc10324a.jpg

Here it is all done, it is powdercoated gloss balck, with zinc mixed in the powder for better corrosion resistance.

sdc10328hg.jpg

sdc10327.jpg

sdc10330c.jpg

Yeah I took a couple of pics yesterday but the distance ones didn't come out that well. I'll get onto it today. I've got a dvd for you watch, I'll drop it in to you this weekend.

Hi Matt76,

GREAT WORK!!!! Looks awesome.

Might have to throw one on mine as well. I was looking at the ARB as well but couldn't see the value in it for the price they wanted so it went on the back burner but that fire has now been reignited

Great work again

looks the goods. do ya reckon it would be strong enough to use a hi lift jack on??
since i've got an alloy tray there's no where to put a jack to get ya out of the shit.

looks the goods. do ya reckon it would be strong enough to use a hi lift jack on??
since i've got an alloy tray there's no where to put a jack to get ya out of the shit.

Depends where you wanted to lift from i guess mate. Either side if where the checker plate finishes would be the strongest bit, it would lift it there no worries. I wouldn't try lift it from the curver bit right up near the back wheel though. Like anything though you could make one capable of being lifted from anywhere, I just chose to make it strong enough for my needs.

Latest posts

Back