D40 Flares

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke86

Reaction score
Hey All,

I bought a set of procomp cast black 7089 series
http://www.procomp.com.au/Default.asp?MenuId=WHEEL_7089

And put a set of cooper st maxx 267 70 17s on them

The procomps have n offsset of 12mm and I have alot more rubber on the terrain now.

However I have got a bit of guard scrub on the front when locking which I expected, The plan was always do drop a lift in it in 2 months from now and a bull bar, and with the aid of a wheel allignment the rubbing should be resolved.

But with the offset the rubbers stick outside the stock flares.

Has anyone ever fitted aftermarket flares on a D40?

heaps of members have, if you have a look at "vanguard's" garage you will see probably the neatest flares you will get they look like they come out factory fitted.
others have put that black edging on which i think looks like an after thought but it does work.
Cant remember his forum name but one guy has done the full "Arctic kit" on his stx 550

If you want more options look at the "frontier forum" from the USA, those guys have all sorts of stuff going on.

Just be careful of the blue light brigade and the random rego inspectors. Fouling guards is a no-no and you may have widened the track too much making it time for a visit to an Engineer.The NOP states no more than 25mm increase in track width so thats 12.5mm change from factory offset to new offset
The rego guys will be on the warpath to prove their jobs are valuable to the govvy with all the cutbacks we can expect in town after the election.
Just sayen .......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back